- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Live gate hit $275, 340, while The Pearl roared when 1,861 people poured in to watch the WEC 50 event.
The figures are official and tallied by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Las Vegas’ Palms Casino Resort housed the venue for the WEC 50: Cruz vs. Benavidez last August 18. This was the first time in months for the fight to come back in The Pearl, after December’s WEC 45 drew a crowd of 1,741 generating a $102,700 live gate.
The score behind the numbers that last Wednesday’s fight raked in: 371 out of the 1,861 viewers received complimentary tickets; the average price for paid ones was $148; and 280 tickets remained not purchased.
WEC 50 featured a bantamweight title bout between Cruz and Benavidez, lightweight clash between Shane Roller and Anthony Pettis, and a bantamweight match that pitted Scott Jorgensen against Brad Pickett. WEC scored several stars for fight fans who witnessed the action-packed fight. An packed arena is expected again from the WEC at September’s WEC 51 at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, Colo., rolling out the main card featherweight champ Jose Aldo vs. Manny Gamburyan.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013