Send tip

UFC 142: Aldo vs Mendes

Written on January 06, 2012 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Final fight card for UFC 142, José Aldo vs. Chad Mendes

UFC makes its return to Brazil for the UFC 142, an event that will take place on January 14th at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

The main event of the evening features Brazilian José Aldo defending his UFC Featherweight title against Chad Mendez. Other highlights include Anthony Johnson
facing Vitor Belfort in his first middleweight fight.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Vitor Belfort: “UFC is taking over Soccer in Brazil”

Written on December 17, 2011 by Clive Wilson

0 person

Vitor Belfort says UFC is Well Received in Brazil, To Replace Soccer as Country's Favorite Sport

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Vitor Belfort, just came back from Brazil, after overseeing the TUF Brazil tryouts. Belfort, said that he believes that UFC will soon take over soccer as his native homeland’s, favorite sport.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Rua vs Henderson Takes UFC 139 Main Event

Written on September 22, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

A light heavyweight match pitting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Dan Henderson takes the main-event slot for UFC 139.

A light heavyweight bout between Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Dan Henderson has officially taken the main-event slot of UFC 139. Co-headlining their match is a middleweight fight pitting Wanderlei Silva and Cung Le.

Wanderlei Silva was tapped to face Cung Le in the said event, following Vitor Belfort’s withdrawal from the match due to injury.

The UFC 139: Rua vs Henderson match will kick off on November 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The night’s main card will air on pay-per-view.

View Article Source »
Share

Wanderlei Silva Steps in to Face Cung Le for UFC 139

Written on September 22, 2011 by Lulu

0 person

Dana White had confirmed that Wanderlei Silva will steps in to replace Vitor belfort for his upcoming match against Cung Le at UFC 139.

UFC president, Dana White, posted on Twitter last Wednesday that Cung Lee will replace Vitor Belfort for his upcoming match for UFC 139 against Wanderlei Silva. Vitor Belfort was forced out of the bout due to injury.

Wanderlei Silva steps in just a few months after his entire UFC career came into question, following a knockout loss to Chris Leben in July. The said legendary PRIDE fighter has gone 1-3 in his last four fights. However, he still wants to fight so he’ll get his chance this November against former Strikeforce middleweight champion — Cung Le. The bout between Wanderlei Silva and Cung Le will remain as the co-main event slot for UFC 139.

UFC 139 will take place on November 19 in San Jose, featuring a light heavyweight fight between Dan Henderson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

View Article Source »
Share

Cung Le Talks About Vitor Belfort and UFC 139

Written on September 12, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

"Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too." --- Cung Le

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion, Cung Le, signed with UFC late last week. In relation to this, the new member of the promotion is set to face Vitor Belfort in what appears to be the main event of UFC 139 on November. However, The Phenom doesn’t care to acknowledge Cung Le’s status. In a recent interview, UFC’s former middleweight contender made comments which suggest that he didn’t know who Cung Le was or what he had accomplished.

The latter addressed the issue:

“What Vitor says doesn’t bother me. He can talk all he wants. We’ll take care of business on November 19th. Let him talk. I don’t like to talk so he can do all the talking. I’ll let him have that job and we will work it out in San Jose. Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too. We have two dangerous guys in the ring and we are going to see which one of us is more dangerous.”

Just keep it posted here at Fighting Insider for more UFC 139 updates.

View Article Source »
Share

Fights to Make After UFC 133

Written on August 15, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

With UFC 133 now written in MMA's history books, what other match-ups would you like to see afterwards?

Former UFC light heavyweight champion – Rashad Evans – proved that there is nothing rusty about him, as he was able to defeat Tito Ortiz at UFC 133 last August 6. Indeed, Suga came back in the cage after more than a year, and he made it with a vengeance.

That said, posted after the cut are five matches that fans would like to see after UFC 133.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Yoshihiro Akiyama: What Lies Ahead?

Written on August 10, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Following his UFC 133 loss, Yoshihiro Akiyama's future in the Octagon is currently uncertain.

Since joining the UFC in 2009, Yoshihiro Akiyama has suffered three losses and gained just one victory. Last Saturday, Sexyama was TKO’d by Vitor Belfort — giving him his third consecutive loss. That said, UFC President – Dana White – admitted that he’s not sure on what lies ahead for the Japanese fighter. However, his loss is definitely a wake-up call.

For now, only uncertainty surrounds Yoshihiro Akiyama. Still, all questions must be answered since a three-fight losing streak can put him to the chopping board.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

UFC 133 Results: White Talks About Evans’ Performance, Hallman’s Trunks

Written on August 08, 2011 by Avlya Jaie

0 person

Dana White disclosed all his thoughts with regards to the UFC 133 results -- Evans' performance and Hallman's disgusting short-shorts.

Just after the UFC 133 event last Saturday, UFC President – Dana White – had an interview with Karyn Bryant from MMA Heat – in which he clearly commented on some vital aspects of the show. One of which is the impressive bout performance of Rashad Evans over Tito Ortiz.

White agreed that Evans was awesome that night. “Jon Jones tweeted ‘Same old, same old’ – I don’t know what he was seeing. Same old, same old would be if Rashad came in, double leg, lay on the guy for three rounds, and won a decision,” the President stated in his interview. “That was far from the ‘same old, same old’. I’m a huge believer of ring-rust, but that might have blew my whole theory on ring-rust.”

Meanwhile, aside from praising Rashad Evans, White also commented on the trunks which Dennis Hallman wore during his fight against Brian Ebersole last Saturday. He said it was disgusting and even announced that he is serious about banning that kind of bikini bottom from the competition – not because it was too short or revealing – but because it is not appropriate to wear for a combative sport such as MMA.

See Dana White’s complete interview after the cut.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Vitor Belfort Wants Title Shot, but There’s a Catch

Written on August 08, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Vitor Belfort want another shot to the middleweight title. But the Chael Sonnen vs Brian Stann match seems most likely to have it.

Following his victory over Yoshihiro Akiyama last Saturday, Vitor Belfort reiterated to the media his desire for another middleweight title match. But it seems that he has some more waiting to do.

According to UFC President, Dana White, the UFC 136 bout between Chael Sonnen and Brian Stann is most likely to determine on who’s going to be the next title contender. Whoever wins between the two of them will face the winner of the upcoming Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami fight. That said, there could be a possible Silva vs Sonnen rematch.

It also means that Vitor Belfort has more fighting to do before he make his way up to the top.

View Article Source »
Share

Vitor Belfort: Hoping for a Title Shot

Written on August 04, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

"I don't live by desire, I live by dream. What I'm trying to do is climb the mountain again." --- Vitor Belfort, UFC Middleweight Fighter

In 1997, Vitor Belfort won the UFC Heavyweight Championship at 19 years old. Then in 2004, he became the Light Heavyweight king. And if he could capture another title before his career is up, Vitor Belfort could boast of earning titles in three different decades. But to do that, he must get past through Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 133. Moreover, Vitor Belfort is also looking for a rebound after being knocked out at UFC 126 by Anderson Silva.

If Vitor Belfort emerges victorious, he will have the reason to think of fighting for a title once more. But as of the moment, just like what he said, it is still a climb.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

MMA Fighting Events


Featured


View all