- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Sergio Pettis will make his octagon debut against Vaughan Lee in UFC 167: St. Pierre vs. Hendricks
Sergio Pettis, the younger brother of UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis will make his octagon debut next month. He will face off against Vaughan Lee as part of the card of UFC 167: St. Pierre vs. Hendricks.
The 20 year old Milwaukee native branded as “The Phenom” is earlier regarded as a flyweight prospect. However, he will campaign as a bantamweight in the UFC. He is unbeaten in his 9 professional fights with only 3 of those fights going the distance. In his latest outing, Pettis submitted James Porter with a kimura in the 2:33 mark of the first round.
His opponent, Vaughan Lee (13-9-1, 3-2 in UFC) has split his last 2 fights. He beat Motonobu Tezuka via unanimous decision last February but was submitted by Raphael Assuncao in his succeeding fight.
UFC 167 will take place at MGM Grand Garden Arena on November 14. The event is headlined by a welterweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Johny Hendricks. It will also feature Chael Sonnen and former light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans in the co-main event as well as a possible “loser leaves town” battle between Alistair Overeem and Frank Mir.
[Photos by jsonline.com]View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013