- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
The Official UFC Fight Night 22 Main Card is yet to be announced. But we already got the latest scoop.
The unofficial UFC Fight Night 22 main card finally came up with the official addition. The lightweight bout between UFC 8 winner Efrain Escudero (13-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Charles Oliveira (13-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC). The bout gave completion to the four-fight main-card lineup for UFC Fight Night 22. The event will take place on September 15 and airing it live on Spike TV from Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas.
Escudero was originally scheduled to fight against John Gunderson and Matt Wiman before a series of injuries and brewing fight card led to the confrontation Oliveira.
Oliveira’s camp had concerns about the visa for the event but the Brazilian fighter got the clearance early this month.
Even before his training ended, Alan Belcher has lost sight of the fight, literally. The fighter has to exit the UFC Fight Night 22 where he is pitted against Demian Maia to have his eyes treated.
Belcher suffered from a detached retina while he was training in Brazil prior to his September 15 UFN brawl in Austin, Texas. His right-eye vision was dimming and he was advised to return to the U.S. to have him treated by specialists. Although it impeded the fight that he and his competitor have been ramping up for, Belcher is fast to gain back his confidence after undergoing surgery to reattach his retina and restore his vision. He even posted this on his Twitter:
View Article Source »
“Sorry to my trainers. Sorry to UFC and Demian Maia. I know he has been training specifically for me. Sorry to my fans as well. As long as I get released from doctor, I will try to make UFN 22 to see my fans and watch the fights.”
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013