- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
"We'll get that figured out. I love having the prelims on Spike TV... it's cool to give people some free fights and then have them bounce over (to the PPVs). It's all about showcasing as many guys as possible." ---Dana White, UFC President
After the full year of success from the UFC Prelims broadcasts, the preliminary showdown goes back in 2011. The program is a one-hour special on Spike TV that features preliminary card fights and moves on to the PPV main-event.
Accroding to UFC President, Dana White, he expects the prelims to be back by next year. However, both the promotion and network have found the Prelims beneficiary. For one, UFC gets a last minute push over for PPV buys and Spike increases on ratings on primetime.
“We’ll get that figured out,” White said. “I love having the prelims on Spike TV. … It’s cool to give people some free fights and then have them bounce over (to the PPVs).
“It’s all about showcasing as many guys as possible.”
As of the moment, Spike TV has aired 12 UFC Prelims in all. The February broadcast of UFC 109 set the record of 1.7 million viewers.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013