- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
UFC Fight Night 23 participants were issued 10 day suspensions each. Some are even suspended for a longer period of time.
The “UFC Fight Night 23: UFC Fight for the Troops 2″ has its own fair share of suspensions. However, some fighters are restricted to do vigorous activities longer than others.
The event concluded last Jan. 22 at Fort Hood in Texas. The main card aired on Spike TV while the preliminaries streamed on Facebook.
A mandatory 8 to 10-day suspensions were given to all of the fighters. Meanwhile, Evan Dunham, Hague and George Roop – were all issued 31-day suspensions following knockout losses.Read the rest of the article »
The Fight Night 23 event last Saturday was a blast. Melvin Guillard's victory led him to get the whooping $30,000 bonus.
Melvin Guillard, Yves Edwards and Cody McKenzie lead the pack of the “UFC Fight Night 23: UFC Fight for the Troops 2″ $30,000 “Fight Night” bonuses recipients.
Guillard was awarded with the “Knockout of the Night” award while Edwards grabbed the “Submission of the Night” bonus and the “Fight of the Night” award to opponent McKenzie.
UFC Fight Night 23 concluded last Saturday at Fort Hood in Killeen, Texas. It served as a fund-raiser for UFC’s auction for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. The main card aired on Spike TV while the prelims streamed on Facebook.
Guillard earned his bonus via first round KO over Evan Dunham in the night’s headliner. Edwards on the other hand, earned his bonuses with a victory on the night’s featured prelim fight. McKenzie got the honors even though he lost his fight via second-round rear-naked choke.View Article Source »
Melvin Guillard brutalizes Evan Dunham! Guillard defeated Dunham (TKO) in just one round, unbelievable!
Main card result: Melvin Guillard won against Evan Dunham at the UFC Fight Night 23: UFC Fights for the Troops 2. It took Guillard a single round to defeat his opponent. The event game serves as a fundraiser activity which proceeds go to Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. If you miss to watch the game here is the recap result match from “UFC Fight Night 23″ event.
– Chris Cariaso won against Will Campuzano via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
– Charlie Brenneman won against Amilcar Alves via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
– Waylon Lowe won againstWillamy Freire via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
– Rani Yahyawon against Mike Brown via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
– DaMarques Johnson won against Mike Guymon via verbal submission (injury from body triangle) – Round 1, 3:22
– Yves Edwards won against Cody McKenzie via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:33
– Matt Wiman won against Cole Miller via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
– Pat Barry won againstJoey Beltran via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
– Mark Hominick won against George Roop via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:28
– Matt Mitrione won against Tim Hague via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:59
– Melvin Guillard won against Evan Dunham via TKO (punches and knees) – Round 1, 2:58
Edwards and McKenzie completed the official fight card for UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops 2. McKenzie was asked to replace Melvin Guillard. The latter is about to face a main-event fight with Evan Dunham.
UFC officials announced today that Cody McKenzie (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will meet Yves Edwards (38-16-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC) at “UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops 2.” The matchup was created when Edwards’ original opponent, Melvin Guillard, was pulled out in favor of a main-event slot against Evan Dunham. UFC Fight Night 23 […]Read the rest of the article »
Kenny Florian is out on UFC Fight Night 23. After a knee injury, he was forced to let go of the fight. Melvin Guillard will replace the latter promoting him from preliminary card to main fight. Melvin Guillard will now face his fellow lightweight Evan Dunham on the Spike TV-televised headliner.
As expected by many, Melvin Guillard has already replaced injured Kenny Florian on January 2011’s “UFC Fight Night 23: UFC Fight for the Troops 2″ event. Guillard (25-8 MMA, 8-4 UFC) will now meet fellow lightweight Evan Dunham (11-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) in a Spike TV-televised headliner.
Officials from the organization confirmed it during today’s new episode of “UFC Ultimate Insider” on UFC.com.
Florian’s unfortunate destiny was due to a knee injury, and Guillar is very fortunate to be promoted him from a preliminary-card fight with Yves Edwards to a main-event slot. As we first reported, Edwards (38-16-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC) now is expected to fight “The Ultimate Fighter 12″ cast member and guillotine-choke specialist Cody McKenzie (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC).Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013