- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Antônio Rodrigo ‘Big Nog’ Nogueira has not fully healed from his arm surgery
Former UFC heavyweight champ Antônio Rodrigo ‘Big Nog’ Nogueira’s injury has not healed fast enough for him to enter another bout. He underwent a surgery to repair his broken arm, after losing to Frank Mir at UFC 141.Read the rest of the article »
Overeem needs to pass two more random drug tests as a part of his conditional license from the NSAC
The samples submitted by the competitors for drug testing in last month’s bout, UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem, all came back clean according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The fight took place last December 30, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Area in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Out of the twenty fighters who have fought, nineteen have gone through drug testing. Main card fighter Jon Fitch failed to submit his sample. The dutch fighter and current No. 1 heavyweight contender, Alistair Overeem is left to go through two more random drug tests in the next six months to fulfill his conditional license from Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). Overeem has already passed his two previous tests.View Article Source »
Brock Lesnar calls it quits after his first round TKO loss to Alistair Overeem.
Brock Lesnar is calling his first round technical knockout loss to Alistair Overeem, his last Octagon appearance and announced his retirement on Friday during his post-fight interview with commentator Joe Rogan.
Lesnar, a crowd favorite and one of UFC’s biggest pay-per-view stars has reached the decision to call it quits after his one-sided loss to Alistair ‘The Demolition Man’ Overeem at UFC 141 with Overeem dropping Lesnar with a series of knees and kicks and forcing referee to stop the fight during the first round.View Article Source »
“What I can say is that going back to Holland to be with my mother won't be a distraction; it is actually stopping me from getting distracted.”--- Alistair Overeem
Even though Alistair Overeem is in full concentration in sharpening his fighting skills against Brock Lesnar, the fighter decided to fly to Holland to be with his mother, who has cancer.
This decision was made after he moved to Las Vegas with Xtreme Couture to continue his training for UFC 141 which will take place in December 30.Read the rest of the article »
Dana White confirmed that the winner between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem will get the next UFC title shot.
Brock Lesnar will face Octagon newcomer and former Strikeforce champion – Alistair Overeem – on December 30 at UFC 141, after having a break from action due to his diverticulitis. Dana White said on Tuesday that the winner of the said match will be given a chance to face the Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos winner, which will be UFC on Fox 1’s main event.
Despite Alistair Overeem having held the Strikeforce title, Dana White believes that the fighter still need to prove that he is worthy of a title shot in UFC. Brock Lesnar, on the other hand, was out of the commission for the past year since loosing his UFC heavyweight title to Cain Velasquez. He also dealt with a second go around with diverticulitis, a life-threatening intestinal issue that required surgery.
Alistair Overeem was fighting his way through the current Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix before a reported toe injury kept him out of the fight. The situation then devolved between his management team and Zuffa LLC, the parent company of both the UFC and Strikeforce, leading to his release from Strikeforce.
Now, the Dutch fighter who was devoid of the Strikeforce belt, has signed in with the UFC that adds more firepower to the top-end of the weight division.View Article Source »
Alistair Overeem announced via Twitter that he has departed from Golden Glory. The management, on the other hand, might take legal actions.
Recent UFC signee, Alistair Overeem, announced on Twitter last Tuesday that he has split from his longtime MMA team — Golden Glory. In response to that, Golden Glory head – Bas Boon – informed MMA Junkie that they may take legal actions against the fighter.
“I wasn’t really surprised, actually, after the last three months because he already had a lot of different ideas on how he would divide certain percentages which were normal in the past, and apparently, are not now. I think the judge will decide on this issue that we have, and when that is decided, we will see who was right and who was not.”Read the rest of the article »
Jon Fitch and Johny Hendricks have verbally agreed to meet at UFC 141 this December 30.
One time welterweight title contender, Jon Fitch, will return to action to face Johny Hendricks on UFC’s year-end pay-per-view card.
Jon Fitch has not seen action since the February draw against BJ Penn at UFC 127 — the first stalemate of his career. They were supposed to meet for a rematch last July, but a serious shoulder injury sidelined the former title contender. Johny Hendricks, on the other hand, has compiled a 6-1 record since transferring from WEC to UFC. He suffered a unanimous decision loss to Rick Story last December, but has rebounded with a knockout win over TJ Waldburger and split-decision victory against Mike Pierce.
The Jon Fitch vs Johny Hendricks match was announced by the promotion last Monday, and they will face each other at UFC 141. The said tournament will take place on December 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The show will green lit a heavyweight battle between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem.View Article Source »
Brock Lesnar returns to UFC - after a successful recovery from his diverticulitis surgery - against Alistair Overeem on December 30.
Brock Lesnar, the former UFC heavyweight champion, will face Strikeforce’s then-heavyweight king – Alistair Overeem – as he returns to action on December 30 in Las Vegas. This news was confirmed by UFC president, Dana White, on his Twitter account. The upcoming mega match-up will feature the two of the greatest heavyweights in mixed martial arts in an event that will cap off UFC’s 2011. The said bout will be a five-round main event that will give its winner the next shot at the UFC heavyweight title.
Brock Lesnar returns to the Octagon for the first time after his last bout a year ago. He is supposed to be back in action last June, but a flare up from his ongoing battle with diverticulitis put him back on the sidelines. Now, completely recovered from his surgery, Brock Lesnar returns to UFC and has a very big challenge to face.
Meanwhile, Alistair Overeem officially moves to UFC after his brief exit from the Zuffa fold. He was removed from the Strikeforce roster after contract issues emerged between his camp, Team Golden Glory, and the promotion. Alistair Overeem will debut in the Octagon without the Strikeforce heavyweight title, which he vacated when he left the promotion just a month ago.
The bout between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem is set to take place on Friday, December 30, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, presumably for an event that will be called UFC 141.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013