Send tip

Dan Henderson, Says That He Matches “Up Real” Against Current Champ Jon Jones

Written on December 07, 2011 by Clive Wilson

0 person

Dan ‘Hendo’ Henderson, Feels Confident and Believes that He and Jon Jones, Match Up Real Well

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Dan ‘Hendo’ Henderson says in an interview aired in Sherdog.com Radio, that he feels that he and Jon Jones “match up real well”. His boost in confidence, stems from his hard earned victory against his contender, Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua, in last month’s headliner for UFC 139, where he won by unanimous decision.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

MMA Weekly Roundup: September 19 – 23

Written on September 25, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Did you missed a MMA news?

Another week has passed, and a lot surely happened in the MMA world. Did you missed something? Fighting Insider brings you various MMA news from different MMA sites that you might overlooked last week.

Check them all out after the cut.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Wanderlei Silva Steps in to Face Cung Le for UFC 139

Written on September 22, 2011 by Lulu

0 person

Dana White had confirmed that Wanderlei Silva will steps in to replace Vitor belfort for his upcoming match against Cung Le at UFC 139.

UFC president, Dana White, posted on Twitter last Wednesday that Cung Lee will replace Vitor Belfort for his upcoming match for UFC 139 against Wanderlei Silva. Vitor Belfort was forced out of the bout due to injury.

Wanderlei Silva steps in just a few months after his entire UFC career came into question, following a knockout loss to Chris Leben in July. The said legendary PRIDE fighter has gone 1-3 in his last four fights. However, he still wants to fight so he’ll get his chance this November against former Strikeforce middleweight champion — Cung Le. The bout between Wanderlei Silva and Cung Le will remain as the co-main event slot for UFC 139.

UFC 139 will take place on November 19 in San Jose, featuring a light heavyweight fight between Dan Henderson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

View Article Source »
Share

Shogun Rua Faces the Returning Dan Henderson at UFC 139

Written on September 20, 2011 by Lulu

0 person

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Dan Henderson will face each other for the upcoming UFC 139 on November 19.

Maurico “Shogun” Rua and Dan Hernderson have verbally agreed to face each other at the upcoming UFC 139 on November 19, 2011. Sources confirmed the said bout, which will serve as the return of Dan Henderson in the Octagon after defeating Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce. The Shogun Rua vs Dan Henderson match is expected to be the new main event for UFC 139, which saw its prior main event between Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos moved to November 12’s UFC on Fox fight card.

The return of Dan Henderson to UFC will signal the start of his third tenure in the promotion after spending some time in Strikeforce, where he won the light heavyweight crown last March. He remains a viable competitor even at his age for both middleweight and light heavyweight division, and will look to hold the same status in his return to the Las Vegas-based organization.

On the other hand, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is coming off a win over Forrest Griffin in a rematch at UFC 134 — where he knocked out the TUF season 1 winner. He has seen mixed results during his time in the UFC with career stats of 4-3. The fight with Dan Henderson will show that the road back to the title for Shogun Rua will not be easy for him. However, it ensures him a great match.

View Article Source »
Share

Cung Le Talks About Vitor Belfort and UFC 139

Written on September 12, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

"Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too." --- Cung Le

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion, Cung Le, signed with UFC late last week. In relation to this, the new member of the promotion is set to face Vitor Belfort in what appears to be the main event of UFC 139 on November. However, The Phenom doesn’t care to acknowledge Cung Le’s status. In a recent interview, UFC’s former middleweight contender made comments which suggest that he didn’t know who Cung Le was or what he had accomplished.

The latter addressed the issue:

“What Vitor says doesn’t bother me. He can talk all he wants. We’ll take care of business on November 19th. Let him talk. I don’t like to talk so he can do all the talking. I’ll let him have that job and we will work it out in San Jose. Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too. We have two dangerous guys in the ring and we are going to see which one of us is more dangerous.”

Just keep it posted here at Fighting Insider for more UFC 139 updates.

View Article Source »
Share

Ryan Bader and Jason Brilz, Set for UFC 139

Written on August 24, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Two fighters who are looking to retain their place in UFC will meet at UFC 139, as Ryan Bader is set for a duel against Jason Brilz.

Last Tuesday, UFC announced that two fighters who are trying to redeem their place in the promotion will lock horns, as Ryan Bader is set to meet Jason Brilz at UFC 139 this November.

Ryan Bader has dropped two of his most recent fights consecutively against current light heavyweight king, Jon Jones, and UFC Hall of Fame member, Tito Ortiz. Jason Brilz, on the other hand, will attempt to stave off his three-fight losing streak and will secure his place in the promotion’s light heavyweight division.

Who do you think will be able to redeem his stand? Drop your bet at the comment box.

View Article Source »
Share

Josh Koscheck Return to Octagon as a Middleweight Fighter

Written on August 22, 2011 by Lulu

0 person

Josh Koscheck tweeted his return inside the Octagon as a middleweight fighter for the upcoming UFC 139 in San Jose.

The anticipated return of the former welterweight title contender, Josh Koshcheck, in the Octagon is soon to come. The former ‘Ultimate Fighter’ confirmed on Sunday that he will have a match for the upcoming UFC 139 on November 19 in San Jose. The announcement has been made on his Twitter page.

Josh Koscheck haven’t fought at middleweight since his time in the ‘Ultimate Fighter’ reality show over six years ago. However, he has been flirting with the idea over the last few months. The American Kickboxing Academy fighter has been out of action since a unanimous decision loss to current welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre, at UFC 124 last year. After the said bout, Josh Koscheck suffered a broken orbital bone that needs some serious time off for recovery.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Brock Lesnar is Back, Ready to Reclaim UFC Title

Written on August 21, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Brock Lesnar is back, and he wants to return with a vengeance!

Former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar, announced that he is now ready to come back in the Octagon. He broke the new via sponsored video last Thursday, where he proclaimed that he’s finally healthy after his surgery due to Diverticulitis. He also stated that he plans to reclaim his UFC title. However, he didn’t mention […]

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Martin Kampmann vs Rick Story, Scheduled for UFC 139

Written on August 18, 2011 by Avlya Jaie

0 person

UFC just added a new welterweight bout to its upcoming UFC 139 event in San Jose, the Kampmann vs Story bout

A pair of welterweight fighters looking forward to returning in the win column is now set to meet at the upcoming UFC 139.

The promotion’s officials just confirmed that Martin Kampmann has verbally agreed to take on Rick Story at the Nov. 19 event, which is expected to take place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The evening’s main card, headlining the heavyweight bout between Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos, will be airing on pay-per-view; while Kampmann vs Story match-up is possible to appear on PPV broadcast or in Spike TV’s “UFC Prelims” special.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Gleison Tibau will Face Rafael Dos Anjos at UFC 139

Written on August 17, 2011 by Lulu

0 person

Rafael Dos Anjos will face his fellow Brazilian, Gleison Tibau, on the upcoming UFC 139 this November.

Coming from an astonishing first round victory through a knockout, Rafael Dos Anjos will return inside the Octagon for the upcoming UFC 139 to face his fellow Brazilian, Gleison Tibau. Officials from UFC announced the new bout on Tuesday.

Rafael Dos Anjos was a big underdog heading into his fight against George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132. However he walked out that night as the winner by knocking out the Australian in the first round of their match. Currently on his 4-3 career stats in the UFC, Rafael Dos Anjos will attempt to add one more victory as he faces his fellow countryman – Gleison Tibau – in November.

On the other hand, Gleison Tibau comes into UFC 139 on a two fight win streak after picking up victories over Kurt Pellegrino and Rafaello Oliveira. The long time American Top Team fighter will meet his opponent in San Jose as part of the UFC 139 undercard.

View Article Source »
Share

MMA Fighting Events


Featured


View all