- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
“I’m almost positive we’re going to have a rematch." --- Urijah Faber, UFC Bantamweight fighter
Despite his unanimous decision loss against Dominick Cruz at UFC 132, he’s confident that he will have another crack for the title sometime in the future. As he stated on Bruce Buffer’s ‘It’s Time’ show on Shedog Radio Network:
“I’m almost positive we’re going to have a rematch. I think it needs to happen to find out who’s the boss. I don’t feel like I was threatened at all. I feel like I could have done more. He probably feels like he could have done more. I think it needs to happen.”Read the rest of the article »
Now that UFC 132 is part of MMA history, here are five matches that fans would like to see in the coming days.
For 25 captivating minutes, Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber reminded everyone what MMA in its purest form is. Two of the world’s notable bantamweight fighters locked horns last July 2, with the reigning champion ultimately defending his title. While Dominick Cruz’s victory is undoubtedly satisfying on a personal level, it was not decisive enough for a trilogy match against Urijah Faber.
The bantamweight division is still developing, while the next number one contender is not yet ready for the harvest. That said, check out the matches that fans would like to see after UFC 132 by hitting the jump.Read the rest of the article »
List of UFC 132 salaries revealed that Tito Ortiz does not even received a “Big, Big, Big Pay Cut” after all.
Last week, Tito Ortiz disclosed that he had taken a “Big, Big, Big Pay Cut” in order to stay longer in the UFC and have a chance to finish Ryan Bader at UFC 132. However, after the Nevada State Athletic Commission released the full list of the UFC 132 salaries, it has been revealed that Tito Ortiz had somehow tricked us all. Based on the said figures, he received a much larger purse compared from what he got during his previous fights.
At the UFC event last Saturday, Tito Ortiz took home $450,000 fee, excluding the additional $75,000 which UFC gave him for “Submission of the Night”. During his UFC 121 loss to Matt Hammil and UFC 106 loss to Forrest Griffin, he only received $250,000. Well, it seems that this is not a “Big, Big, Big Pay Cut”, isn’t it?Read the rest of the article »
After last Saturday's UFC 132, Nevada State Athletic Commission issued several medical suspensions to the tournament's fighters.
Based on the medical suspension released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after the UFC 132, bantamweight champion – Dominick Cruz – and Urijah Faber needs to undergo X-ray before they could compete again inside the Octagon. Dominick Cruz received a medical report that requires a X-ray on his right hand, while Urijah Faber also needs to have a X-ray on his right wrist, shoulder and chest — along with a suspension until August 1 and he is not allowed to have contact.
Listed after the break are the medical suspensions issued by the Nevada State Athletic Commission following the Saturday’s UFC 132 event at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.Read the rest of the article »
Due to a loss against Chris Leben at UFC 132, Dana White concluded that the end may come much sooner for Wanderlei Silva.
For more than ten years, Wanderlei Silva proved himself as a threat inside the Octagon. His fights, his styles, and his victories had certainly lived inside the minds of his fans. However, due to a knockout loss against Chris Leben at UFC 132 last Saturday, Wanderlei Silva seems to be leaving the world of MMA.
Chris Leben knocked off a straight left, forcing his opponent into the ground with an uppercut. He finished Wanderlei Silva at the 0:27 mark, while still giving the defeated fighter more left hands. This loss was considered to be Wanderlei Silva’s fourth over his past eight fights. And even though he plans to battle for another five years under the UFC, Dana White declared that the end may come sooner for him. Perhaps this decision made by the UFC President was not really that surprising, as he usually did this to previous MMA legends who garnered a series of losses.Read the rest of the article »
Urijah Faber talks about his loss against Dominick Cruz at UFC 132 with MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.
After losing against Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber talks to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani on his thoughts about his previous match on UFC 132. His opinion on the judges’ score, if he had done enough on the match, how he felt after the match and if he still have some issues against Dominick Cruz can be heard at the video after the jump.Read the rest of the article »
Either Brian Bowles or Demetrious Johnson will have a crack of Dominick Cruz after UFC 132.
Following UFC 132, Domick Cruz and Urijah Faber will get a chance to have a trilogy sometime in the future. With both Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber holding a victory over each other, their third match will be decider. However, UFC President – Dana White – announced that there will be no instant rematch between the two fighters.
But when asked on who will be Dominick Cruz’s next challenger, UFC matchmaker – Joe Silva – made a reply. According to him, Dominick Cruz’s next challenger can either be Brian Bowles or Demetrious Johnson.
Brian Bowles, who earned a unanimous decision win over a Takeya Mizugaki, previously lost to the reigning bantamweight champ due to damaged hand. Meanwhile, Demetrious Johnson is fresh off a win over Miguel Torres.
Who do you think should Dominick Cruz face next: Brian Bowles or Demetrious Johnson?View Article Source »
After Dominck Cruz retains his UFC Bantamweight championship belt against Urijah Faber, UFC 132: Cruz vs Faber is now in the books.
Last Saturday night, current Bantamweight champion – Dominick Cruz – was able to avenge his sole defeat over Urijah Faber at UFC 132. But despite earning a unanimous decision victory against the California Kid, the reigning king was not able to gain more fans from the audience crammed up at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Nevertheless, he thanked his supporters and haters all the same.
“All you fans out there, thank you so much for your support, and thank you so much if you didn’t because you’re helping me get stronger.”
See the complete UFC 132: Cruz vs Faber results after the jump.Read the rest of the article »
Tito Ortiz bursted out his thoughts after receiving a big pay cut from UFC.
Although well-prepared for his incoming match up with Ryan Bader on Saturday’s UFC 132 event, Tito Ortiz seems to be too disappointed after taking a big, big pay cut.
The MMA fighter got a loss to Matt Hamill last October, and in order to regain his title, he asked UFC to give him another fight against Ryan Bader. UFC agreed on this proposal, but told Tito Ortiz that he won’t be having the same contract like before.
For his previous fights against Matt Hamill, Forrest Griffin, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, and Chuck Liddell — Tito Ortiz already earned a total of $460,000. This purse does not yet include the pay-per-view points, which are said to be included in his contract.Read the rest of the article »
After being arrested on Minnesota due to several charges, Brett Rogers was released by Strikeforce.
Strikeforce released their heavyweight fighter, Brett Rogers, following his arrest on Wednesday due to felonious third-degree assault, misdemeanor endangerment of a child and alleged altercation with his wife. The news by Dana White, president of Strikeforce’s sister company — UFC.
Brett Rogers’ contract with Strikeforce was terminated on June 30, 2011. Dana White added that the termination of the contract came immediately after the arrest in Apple Valley Minnesota.
Brett Rogers, who recently lost to Josh Barret by submission at the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix, allegedly strangled and punched his wife after admitting that he is drunk. The fighter’s bail was set at $100,000 on Wednesday’s hearing.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013