- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
While MMA fans were busy watching how Feijao put King Mo in depression, people in Tokyo were clamoring for the Sengoku 14 event. After their meeting last 2009, Santiago put another stop to Misaki's championship aspirations as the former wears the belt the second time around.
Jorge Santiago defeated Kazuo Misaki in the fifth round of Sengoku 14 last Sunday. During the rematch, Santiago defended his title by battering his opponent, until Misaki’s corner threw a white towel to end the fight. The rematch headlines the latest SRC fight card where Jorge Santiago, once again, is the Sengoku middleweight champion. The event was hosted by World Victory Road inside Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan. The event also featured a Welterweight Grand Prix for the opening round, and a two-round Bantamweight tourney.
The full Sengoku Raiden Championship 14 results are listed after the skip.Read the rest of the article »
Be ready for a late night because after "Strikeforce: Houston" airs live on Saturday via Showtime, HDNet will present the Sengoku Raiden Championship 14 the following morning. Do you have what it takes for an overlapping broadcast match?
HDNet will present a live Sunday morning broadcast of Sengoku Raiden Championship 14 at 2:00 am ET (11:00 pm PT Saturday). The event will be headlined by the middleweight title fight between champ Jorge Santiago against challenger Kazuo Misaki. The latest offering from the Japanese-based World Victory Road promotion will be at the Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo. In addition to the title bout, SRC 14 will also feature first-round grand prix welterweight fights, and second round bantamweight match-ups.
The Sengoku Raiden Championship 14 Full Card includes:
- * Jorge Santiago vs. Kazuo Misaki (Sengoku Middleweight title)
- * Taisuke Okuno vs. Nick Thompson (Welterweight Grand Prix)
- * Yasubey Enomoto vs. Kenta Takagi (Welterweight Grand Prix)
- * Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. Kil Woo Lee (Bantamweight Grand Prix)
- * Takuya Eizumi vs. Shoko Sato (Bantamweight Grand Prix)
- * Tatsuya So vs. Wataru Takahashi (Bantamweight Grand Prix)
- * Hirokazu Nishimuya vs. Jae Hyun So (Bantamweight Grand Prix)
- * Leonardo Santos vs. Sotaro Yamada
- * Motoki Miyazawa vs. Takuya Sato
- * Akihiro Gono vs. Jadamba Narantungalag
- * Hatsu Hioki vs. Jeff Lawson
Who will go home victorious between Leonardo Santos and Sotaro Yamada?
Four-time BJJ World Cup Champion Leonardo Santos will be making his comeback to the Sengoku ring in the fight with rookie Sotaro Yamada. It will all happen in Sengoku ring on August 22 at Ryogoku Kokugikan.
It was last March when Santos choked out King of Pancrase Kiuma Kunioku in the first round. Yamaha has not stepped on the ring since 2008 and allotted his time on practicing his grappling.
See the full list of the fights below:Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013