- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Suspension, money laundering, UFC 128 plans unclear---what's next for Chael Sonnen?
Chael Sonnen got another blow to his life. The UFC middleweight who’s currently under suspension from the California State Athletic Commission pleaded guilty today of federal charges of money laundering. A charge that has a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine – according to a press release issued today by the U.S. District Attorney’s Office in Oregon.
The sentence is said to start 10 days after he is expected to face Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 128. It is still undefined whether the potential imprisonment will affect his bout’s possibility. However, Oregonian reported that Sonnen has reached a plea deal with the District Attorney that will end up in a two year probation along with a $10,000 fine and the revocation of his Realtor license.
UFC 128 takes place March 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and features a light heavyweight title bout between champ Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and former champ Rashad Evans.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013