- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
After being an UFC outcast, Semtex is set to face Hand of Steel on Strikeforce December 4 event. Both came from a bumpy MMA career, and aims to get to their destination.
The controversial British fighter, Paul Daley, is set to make his Strikeforce debut after being banished by UFC. According to multiple sources, he has verbally agreed to fight on December 4 in St. Louis versus Scott Smith. Though Scott “Hand of Steel” Smith is making a move down and Paul “Semtex” Daley is having trouble going under 171 pounds, the match will take place in a welterweight division.Read the rest of the article »
Mike Robert says of his Strikeforce's middleweight ward, Scott Smith: He is most likely to bid 185 goodbye soon.
The Monday edition of The MMA Hour revealed that Smith is giving a drop-down to welterweight a good chance. Although the “Hands of Steel” has fought as a light heavyweight before, he has never come on to the cage as a welterweight. But Roberts is seriously considering the matter as well:
“The funny thing is that we were in San Diego for the Mark Munoz and James Irvin’s fight, and he was walking around at at around 189 pounds right now. And that’s not really super working out hard or nothing. So I believe there’s a pretty good chance he’ll be down at 170 for his next fight.”
Smith’s record went 5-3 with one contest following his release from the UFC. His most popular win to date was his “come-from-behind victory” over Cung Le. But his latest loss was also suffered from Le in a rematch staged by Strikeforce.
Welterweight is considered to be Strikeforce’s weakest, and its champion Nick Diaz has not been paired up with as many good contenders yet.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013