- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
The championship for Rua and Evans for the light heavyweight title is not due until 2011.
UFC’s Light heavyweight championship is on hold for 2010. Champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (19-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) who won by a knockout to Lyoto Machida last May will be out till until summer or spring of 2011.
UFC President Dana White told ESPN that he’ll be seeing former champion Rashad Evans (15-1-1 MMA, 10-1-1 UFC) when he returns to the octagon.
Rua has undergone a successful knee surgery last June which was the cause of the delay. He fought Forrest Griffin with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his octagon debut at UFC 76 and underwent surgery right after to repair damages to his case. 6 months later, he withdrew from a scheduled fight with Chuck Liddell at UFC 85 for the same cause.
“We did this [surgery] in the United States with the best doctor in the country,” White said. “He’s recovering well, and we’re looking for mid-spring, early-summer.”Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013