- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
An ankle injury sidelined Eduardo Dantas for the rest of the year
Bellator’s reining bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas has recently suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him for the rest of the year. The injury prompted the organization to move his scheduled title fight against Summer Series bantamweight tourney winner Rafael Silva to 2014.
The 24 year old Dantas won his bantamweight strap by choking out inaugural champion Zach Makovsky in Bellator 65 back in 2012. He defeated Marcos Galvao in his first title defense in Bellator 89 that was held on February 14, 2013. With Dantas sidelined for the rest of the year, the defense over Galvao ends up as his only fight in 2013.
His opponent, Rafael Silva, has racked up 13 straight victories since his third loss in February 2011. He made his promotional debut by submitting Rodrigo Lima in the bantamweight semi-finals of Bellator Summer Series last July. Silva has recently won the tourney with a unanimous decision win over Anthony Leone at Bellator 102.
[Photos from naafs.biz]View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013