- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
WSOF is not signing Rousimar Palhares according to the organization's president Ray Sefo
Three of the biggest MMA organizations have closed its doors on Rousimar Palhares. Bellator has already nixed out the possibility of signing Palhares following his expulsion from UFC. Now, it’s MMA World Series of Fighting’s turn to reject the notorious submission artist in their rosters.
In an interview this Monday, WSOF president Ray Sefo has stated that their organization has no interest in signing Palhares.
“His past is not good,” explained Sefo. “The team and I have talked about it. He needs to probably seek some sort of help or talk to somebody, a psychiatrist or whatever, that can help him get away from hurting fighters.”
“Until he does that, we won’t look at signing him anytime soon or anything like that.”
Jon Fitch fully agrees with his company’s decision. The former UFC welterweight contender says that he will not accept a fight against Toquinho until he drop his vicious submission approach.
“He would have to definitely prove that he is no longer out there trying to cripple people after the fight is over.”
“It’s just not what our sport is. I mean, we’re trying to beat each other up, but when somebody concedes and gives up, you don’t continue to crank on the submissions. You can end somebody’s career that way. It’s just uncalled for.”
[Photos from mmamagazine.ne10.uol.com.br]View Article Source »
Yushin Okami finds a new home in WSOF
Perennial middleweight contender Yushin Okami immediately finds another home after being sacked from the octagon last month. It was initially reported at MMAfighting.com that Okami has recently signed an exclusive multi-fight contract to World Series of Fighting organization. The signing was later confirmed in twitter by WSOF head Ray Sefo.
Okami has won 3 of his last 4 fights before he was released by UFC. He has a record of 13 – 5 in the octagon with wins over tough oppositions that includes Alan Belcher, Hector Lombard and Mark Munoz. With the signing, Okami will join fellow UFC veteran and welterweight contender Jon Fitch as one of the notable names in the roster of WSOF. Like Okami, Fitch was also surprisingly released by UFC despite spending the majority of his career as a top 10 in his division. It was said that Okami’s WSOF debut will take place around March 2014 but the exact fight details, including the name of his opponent, is yet to be announced. Meanwhile, WSOF will be presenting their next event WSOF 6, this coming October 26 at Coral Gables, Florida. It will be headlined by the promotions inaugural welterweight title fight between Josh Burkman and Steve Carl.
[Photos from www.lowkick.kz]View Article Source »
Croatian kickboxing and MMA Legend Mirko Cro Cop, Defeats Ray Sefo in "Final Fight"
Iconic Croatian fighter Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, wins via a unanimous decision at the main event of the “Final Fight”. This bout is Cro Cop’s first time to fight in his homeland in over a decade. He was well received by his fellow countrymen all through out the event.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013