- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
"In my opinion, he has to keep fighting. He has the will to be competitive for years to come." --- Rafael Cordeiro, Trainer and mentor to Wanderlei Silva
Following his defeat against Chris Leben at UFC 132, Wanderlei Silva was stormed with talks about his possible retirement. However, The Axe Murderer remained silent about the issue.
And while UFC President – Dana White – believes that the fighter must consider retirement, Wanderlei Silva’s trainer and mentor – Rafael Cordeiro – revealed that the fighter plan to return to action despite loosing six of the eight recent bouts.
View Article Source »
“The decision to keep fighting or not is something very personal. No one can tell you when to retire because no one knows what’s going on in your mind or heart. You have to think about the human side of the situation and Wanderlei’s desire to fight, which he has always had with him.
“In my opinion, he has to keep fighting. He has the will to be competitive for years to come. He never thought about quitting fighting because of that loss [to Leben]. That’s not a champion’s philosophy. The champion stands up again after a loss.”
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013