- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Earlier last Wednesday, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission lifted Nate Marquardt's suspension. Now, he's fearing up to get back to action.
Following what Nate Marquardt admits to be the most difficult part of his MMA career, the fighter can’t wait to return in active competition. And while UFC President, Dana White, announced that his career in the Octagon is over, he is still hopeful that he’ll come back to the promotion someday. But for now, he just want to let his future opponents – Ben Askren, B.J. Penn, Paul Daley and Hector Lombard – know that he’s listening.
Nate Marquardt’s troubles began in June, when PSAC forbids him to fight against Rick Story due to elevated testosterone level. The commission then suspended the fighter, followed by his release from UFC. But earlier last Wednesday, the PSAC lifted Nate Marquardt’s suspension. That said, the middleweight fighter is now free to book his next contest.Read the rest of the article »
Nate Marquardt's fate is still undecided, as the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission postponed their hearing until next week.
The Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission was scheduled to meet Nate Marquardt last week, in relation to the fighter’s suspension due to high levels of testosterone. However, the said meeting was postponed until next week, with a decision likely to be rendered on July 13.
PSAC suspended Nate Marquardt after his pre-fight test revealed high testosterone levels. However, the fighter explained at MMAFighting.com last week that he was undergoing Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) since summer of last year. Moreover, he also applied for a therapeutic care exemption in New Jersey before his UFC 128 match against Dan Miller.Read the rest of the article »
After a review of the fight, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission has overturned Charles Oliveira's heavily panned UFC on Versus 4 victory over Nik Lentz, and declared it a no-contest.
After a review of Charles Oliveira vs Nik Lentz bout at UFC on Versus 4, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission has overturned the former’s victory to a no-contest. According to a statement from PSAC:
“After review of the tape of this contest and after consultation with the referee, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission has ruled that the results of this match will be changed to a no-contest. This change is a direct result from an accidental kick to the head by Mr. Oliveira to a grounded Mr. Lentz.”
Early in the second round of their match, Charles Oliveira gave a kneeling Nik Lentz a knee to the face. The latter’s eye socket and cheek bleed and became swollen, resulting to a lengthy medical suspension. Following that, Charles Oliveira gave Nik Lentz a rear-naked choke.
But despite that, both of them were given $50,000 each for the Fight of the Night performance.View Article Source »
The Pennsylvania Athletic Commission (PSAC) is still undecided on whether to declare the Oliveira vs Lentz fight a "no contest" or not.
During the UFC on Versus 4 event at the CONSOL Energy Center last Sunday, Charles Oliveira took the victory after giving Nik Lentz’s head an illegal knee on the second round. The fight’s referee was not able to witness the said foul, but some witnesses claimed that the former’s knee was just an accident.
According to PSAC executive director, Greg Sirb, “I want to double-check everything and spend some time with the referee on that. We should have it done, I would say, probably Tuesday night.”
Due to this issue, the monetary award that is supposed to be given to Charles Oliveira has been hold by the UFC. Although they know about this plan, Greg Sirb pointed out that they have no idea of how much money Charles Oliveira won, since they don’t obtain winnings for their fighters. What the PSAC exec can only share is that both fighters were granted $50,000 each for the “Fight of the Night” bonus.
PSAC concluded that if ever a foul affects the results of a game, then it is possible for them to declare the match as a “no contest”. If this happens, Charles Oliveira would never have the chance to receive his win purse. Meanwhile, Greg Sirb is still thankful for having a successful event last Sunday. He said that referee Chip Snider was a professional one, so there’s no doubt that he would likely to ruin the game. “No problem. Missed call possibly, but I thought everything was handled very well – particularly, ‘Big’ Dan (Mirgliotta) in the main event”, the PSAC executive director said.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013