- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Nick Diaz has not yet responded to the rumored fight with Michael Bisping
Talks of Nick Diaz’s octagon return has stemmed earlier this week from an interview with Diaz’ close friend and training partner Gilbert Melendez. El Nino has stated Diaz might come out from retirement once he is offered a fight of his liking. After a few days, Michael Bisping noticed the news and decided to join the fray. He wrote in his twitter account that he will be happy to welcome Nick Diaz to the middleweight division.
That being said, UFC President Dana White has revealed that Diaz has not yet expressed an intention to return to the cage.
“I love that fight,” White said following today’s pre-UFC 166 media session. “I love that fight. I like it, but everything I hear from Nick Diaz is that he doesn’t want to fight.”
Nick’s habit for announcing to retire after a loss is perhaps the reason why his retirement has not been taken seriously. He did it first after the Condit loss and it earned him his biggest fight to date, a match with GSP. Considering Diaz’ attempts to land a fight against Anderson Silva a few months ago, it would be safe to assume that it will be just a matter of time before the Stockton native announces his octagon return.
[Photos by www.kimura.se]
View Article Source »
Michael Bisping would love to welcome Nick Diaz in the middleweight division
Former UFC welterweight contender and Strikeforce welterweight champ Nick Diaz has decided to retire from MMA following his decision loss to GSP earlier this year. However, his friend and training partner Gilbert Melendez, believes that Diaz will come out of retirement if the right opportunity comes his way.Read the rest of the article »
BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar will meet in the octagon for the third time after their stint as coaches of The Ultimate Fighter 19
Dana White has told a small of group of reporters in Brazil about BJ Penn’s original plans before dropping to featherweight. He said that Penn originally asked for a fight with Benson Henderson as stepping stone for a trilogy with Frankie Edgar. Dana then decided that the former 2 division champion didn’t need to take an extra step. He asked Frankie if he wanted to fight BJ again and pitted them against each other as head coaches of the upcoming TUF season.Read the rest of the article »
UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre last fought at the main event of UFC 129
UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre finally seeked a medical clearance to begin his training for his long awaited Octagon return. GSP announced this exciting news through his Facebook and Twitter account. He was last seen in action at the main event of UFC 129, where he defeated Jake Shields via unanimous decision. He injured his knee while training in December of last year.Read the rest of the article »
Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites after his UFC 143 loss, to face disciplinary actions.
Former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz has failed his UFC 143 post-fight drug screening and tested positive for marijuana.
NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer announced on Thursday, that all the fighters were tested and came out clean except Diaz who tested positive for marijuana metabolites.
“All (UFC 143 drug test) results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed,”
This is not the first time for the former welterweight champ. In 2007, Diaz tested positive for marijuana following his Pride fight with Takanori Gomi.
Diaz, who recently suffered a disappointing loss to Carlos Condit, is likely to face suspension and fined.View Article Source »
With some of the fences already mended, UFC President - Dana White - is willing to give Nick Diaz another shot for the welterweight title.
After former Strikeforce welterweight champion, Nick Diaz, no-showed two consecutive press conferences for UFC 137, UFC President – Dana White – yanked him out of the tournament’s main event against GSP. But a few days after, he was given another chance in the fight card as a co-main event fighter contra BJ Penn.
And finally, Dana White had the chance to catch up with the fighter. Some of the fences are now mended, and the UFC president now knows how he has to work with the UFC talent.Read the rest of the article »
This is a shocker! Nick Diaz is now back the UFC 137 lineup, and is set to meet BJ Penn on October 29.
Shortly after he booted Nick Diaz out of UFC 137, UFC President – Dana White – tweeted that the fighter is now back in the lineup and is set to face BJ Penn.
Nick Diaz lost the chance to meet Georges St-Pierre after missing two press conferences in Toronto and Las Vegas consecutively. In the Last Vegas press con, the UFC president announced that the former Strikeforce welterweight champion was no longer part of the card. Dana White also added that Carlos Condit will now be the next UFC welterweight title contender.
After encountering a bit of hurricane in the last 48 hours, it seems that UFC 137: GSP vs Condit is now in full steam.View Article Source »
After a number of "Where's Waldo" queries, Nick Diaz re-appears with a YouTube video.
Following the announcement that Nick Diaz was scrapped from his UFC 137 title match against GSP, the fighter re-surfaced through a video posted in his YouTube account.
As previously reported by Fighting Insider, Nick Diaz was scrapped from the said bout after failing to show up at the press conferences in Toronto and Las Vegas consecutively. That said, Dana White tapped Carlos Condit as Georges St-Pierre’s next opponent.
See Nick Diaz rant about his situation in the video embedded after the jump.Read the rest of the article »
After not showing on Last Wednesday's press con in Las Vegas, UFC President - Dana White - scrapped Nick Diaz in his UFC 137 bout with GSP.
Carlos Condit has replaced Nick Diaz, and will now face welterweight champion – Georges St-Pierre – at next month’s UFC 137. At a press conference in Las Vegas last Wednesday, UFC President – Dana White – announced the news and cited difficulties in getting Nick Diaz to show up for scheduled media events.
Carlos Condit was supposed to meet BJ Penn in a UFC 137 co-main event. But due to changes in the fight card, their supposed match was scrapped from the tournament. The UFC President cleared out that he will talk to BJ Penn about a possible next fight.
Moreover, Dana White expressed his disappointment with Nick Diaz, who no-showed in last Tuesday’s press con in Toronto. The fighter, for an opportunity to fight against GSP, left Strikeforce and vacated his welterweight title to re-sign with UFC.Read the rest of the article »
It seems that bad habits are hard to break, as Nick Diaz made a no-show at yesterday's press con in Toronto.
Former Strikeforce welterweight champion, Nick Diaz, made a no-show in a press conference in Toronto last Tuesday. Georges St-Pierre, on the other hand, appeared and complained that his opponent’s absence was unfair. According Winnipeg Free Press’ report, the reigning UFC welterweight champ said that he interrupted training camp in order to attend the press event.
However, Nick Diaz’s no-shows comes without surprise to those familiar with the fighter.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013