- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
In this week's edition of Basic Muay Thai for Beginners, Fighting Insider is giving you the most common knee strikes used in Muay Thai. Are you ready for another set of Muay Thai action?
Aside from elbows, knee strikes also set Muay Thai apart from other styles of kickboxing, like American kick boxing and French Savate. The knee strikes are a staple in Muay Thai. The common knee strikes used are straight knee, side knee and jumping or flying side knee. Some, if not all of these, generally targets the midsection, head or legs of an opponent.
A knee strike can cause serious damage. It can be so dangerous, that even a straight knee can execute the same power of a car going 35mph and crashing to a brick wall! Both side knees and straight knees are useful in the clinch. More over, the straight knee is also useful within punching range.
So to know how these knee strikes are done, check out the videos skip.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013