Send tip

‘King Mo’ Lawal, Says Sorry for Cursing NSAC Comissioner

Written on April 02, 2012 by Alvin Guerro

0 person

Muhammed ‘King Mo’ Lawal called NSAC Comissioner Pat Lundvall, a b*tch in a tweet.

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Muhammed ‘King Mo’ Lawal apologizes for calling NSAC comissioner Pat Lundvall a “bitch”, in a tweet that caused him his job.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

‘Quick Results’ for Amazon Forest Combat 2

Written on April 02, 2012 by Clive Wilson

0 person

The Amazon Forest Combat 2 event was held last March 31, 2012 in Brazil

The Brazil based Amazon Forest Combat promotion, has recently concluded their event “Amazon Forest Combat 2″, last Saturday night.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

‘Quick Results’ for ONE FC: War of the Lions

Written on March 31, 2012 by Lulu

0 person

ONE FC: War of the Lions held it’s third event last March 31, 2012 in Singapore

Asian based promotion, ONE Fighting Championships has concluded their event ONE FC: War of the Lions, today March 31, 2012 in Singapore.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

ONE FC Match Between Melvin Manhoef And Yoshiyuki Nakanishi End in “No Contest”

Written on March 31, 2012 by Lulu

0 person

Melvin Manhoef And Yoshiyuki Nakanishi sustain deep leg wounds during their intense light heavyweight bout

Light heavyweight fighters Melvin Manhoef And Yoshiyuki Nakanishi both sustained deep leg wounds in the recently concluded event, ONE FC: War of the Lions.

Both fighters landed several hard shots during the early part of their fight, with the referee calling for a time out to have their nasty wounds checked by the staff. The bout was ended despite the objections of the fighters and was ruled a “No Contest”.

ONE FC: War of the Lions, took place in the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore.

View Article Source »
Share

Bellator Signs Russian Fighter, Mikhail Malyutin

Written on March 18, 2012 by Clive Wilson

0 person

Russian Fighter Mikhail Malyutin, now a part of the Bellator's Fighting Championships roster

After reaching an agreement with Bellator promotions, thirty year old Russian, Mikhail Malyutin will now be a part of the their roster of fighters. He is expected to debut on their promotion’s sixth season.

Malyutin is a seven year veteran fighter with a standing of 3-1 in his past four fights. He has recently fought at the “M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Monson” event, November last year and has defeated Seydina Seck, earning a 47-second win.

Bellator has yet to announce Malyutin’s debut fight.

View Article Source »
Share

Frankie Edgar talks about Rematch Against Henderson

Written on March 08, 2012 by Avlya Jaie

0 person

UFC President Dana White confirms last Tuesday, that there will be a rematch that for the UFC Lightweight Title between fighters, Frankie Edgar and Ben Henderson. The fight will be schedule to take place this summer.

In a recent interview with the MMAWeekly Radio, Edgar says that he is relieved and happy.

“It was a relief, it really was. A weight lifted off my chest, it’s been weighing on me. I definitely made it known that I wanted the rematch, I’m not going to sit there and I don’t want to argue for a title, I want to fight for a title. I’m just happy I get to fight for it now.”

“… I also want to say I want to thank Ben too for taking the rematch, just like you mentioned before with B.J. (Penn), I didn’t have to accept it and I did, and Ben he didn’t have to accept it, and he has, so much respect to him as well.”

 

View Article Source »
Share

Rogerio Nogueira Injured, Withdraws from UFC on FUEL TV 2

Written on March 08, 2012 by Clive Wilson

0 person

Rogerio ‘Little Nog’ Nogueira, withdraws from upcoming bout, UFC on FUEL TV 2, following his injury

After suffering from a knee injury during training, Brazilian UFC light heavyweight fighter, Rogerio ‘Little Nog’ Nogueira has officially withdrawn from his upcoming bout named, UFC on FUEL TV 2. He was scheduled to fight against Alexander ‘The Mauler’ Gustafsson at the event that will take place at the Ericsson Globe Arena on April 14, 2012, in Stockholm, Sweden. This marks UFC’s first time to hold an event in Sweden.

The announcement was made official by the promotion at UFC.com:

“Following a knee injury suffered in training for his April 14th bout against Alexander Gustafsson, Rogerio Nogueira has been forced to withdraw from the UFC on FUEL TV main event in Stockholm, Sweden. Stepping in for Lil’ Nog will be another hard-hitting Brazilian, Thiago Silva, who is returning to the Octagon for the first time since January of 2011.”

This serves as a comeback for Silva, who suffered from a year long suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, for falsifying his urine sample following his victory against Brandon Vera at UFC 125.

View Article Source »
Share

Dos Santos and Overeem Headline UFC 146

Written on March 07, 2012 by Clive Wilson

0 person

Cigano’ Junior dos Santos and Alistair ‘The Demolition Man’ Overeem, headline UFC 146

UFC officials have announced the main event for UFC 146. The heavyweight bout, UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Overeem is scheduled for May 26, 2012 and will be headlined by fighters, ‘Cigano’ Junior dos Santos who will defend his title against former Strikeforce champ, Alistair ‘The Demolition Man’ Overeem. The fight will be held in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Official Fight Card for ONE FC: War Of The Lions, Announced

Written on March 07, 2012 by Clive Wilson

0 person

ONE Fighting Championship promotion releases official fight card for ONE FC: War Of The Lions

ONE Fighting Championship Promotion, an Asian based fight promoter, has released their official fight card for their event, ONE FC: War Of The Lions. The much awaited event will take place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on March 31, 2012.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Nick Diaz Tests Positive For Marijuana After UFC 143

Written on February 10, 2012 by Markham Mencken

0 person

Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites after his UFC 143 loss, to face disciplinary actions.

Former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz has failed his UFC 143 post-fight drug screening and tested positive for marijuana.

NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer announced on Thursday, that all the fighters were tested and came out clean except Diaz who tested positive for marijuana metabolites.

“All (UFC 143 drug test) results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed,”

This is not the first time for the former welterweight champ. In 2007, Diaz tested positive for marijuana following his Pride fight with Takanori Gomi.

Diaz, who recently suffered a disappointing loss to Carlos Condit, is likely to face suspension and fined.

View Article Source »
Share

MMA Fighting Events


Featured


View all