- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Eleven UFC fighters receive medical suspensions from NSAC, including event headliner Chael Sonnen and Cung Le.
A total of eleven fighters were handed out with medical suspensions. Most fighters are not allowed to fight till early August, including event headliner Chael Sonnen (nasal laceration), Forrest Griffin (possible jaw injury) and Cung Le (knee and feet injury).Read the rest of the article »
Wisconsin's Department of Safety and Professional Services released medical suspensions for the fighters who participated in UFC on Versus 5.
Wisconsin’s Department of Safety and Professional Services released a post-fight medical suspension list for UFC on Versus 5 on Tuesday. The UFC debut event in Milwaukee, featuring a match between Chris Lytle and Dan Hardy, took place last Sunday night at the Bradley Center.
The list of medically suspended fighters from UFC on Versus 5 is posted after the break.Read the rest of the article »
After last Saturday's UFC 132, Nevada State Athletic Commission issued several medical suspensions to the tournament's fighters.
Based on the medical suspension released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after the UFC 132, bantamweight champion – Dominick Cruz – and Urijah Faber needs to undergo X-ray before they could compete again inside the Octagon. Dominick Cruz received a medical report that requires a X-ray on his right hand, while Urijah Faber also needs to have a X-ray on his right wrist, shoulder and chest — along with a suspension until August 1 and he is not allowed to have contact.
Listed after the break are the medical suspensions issued by the Nevada State Athletic Commission following the Saturday’s UFC 132 event at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.Read the rest of the article »
Vancouver Athletic Commission released its list of UFC 131 fighters that received suspensions due to their medical conditions.
After the successful UFC 131: Junior Dos Santos vs Shane Carwin event, all of the fighters who participated received a suspension order from the Vancouver Athletic Commission that was released on Tuesday. Junior Dos Santos and ten other UFC 131 fighters received a mandatory nine day rest order. Meanwhile, other fighters – including Shane Carwin – received a much longer suspension due to the injuries they obtained from the tournament.
Jason Young received the longest period of suspension. He had a tender right foot and laceration on his left eyebrow, medically suspending him for 180 days with a pending x-ray on his foot. If the x-ray didn’t find any severe injuries, he will be only under a 45-day suspension with no contact for 30 days.Read the rest of the article »
After some boo-hoo's from the fans, the Indiana Gaming Commission dished out medical suspension to several UFC 119 contenders. Ten fighters will be in the shelf for at least 30 days.
The Indiana Gaming Commission handed out indefinite suspension for Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Matt Serra after being defeated at UFC 119 last Saturday. Frank Mir gave Cro Cop a knee in the third round of their heavyweight tilt, while Serra absorbed heavy blows and a unanimous decision loss against Chris Lytle. According to IGC Division Director, Andrew Means, both fighters must spend at least 180 days in repose and should pass a CT scan before getting inside the Octagon again. IGC served ten fighters with medical suspension, including Mark Hunt that should pass a X-ray exam on his left elbow after buckling up from a McCorkle armbar.
UFC 119 Suspensions
• Mirko Filipovic: Suspended a minimum of 180 days; must clear a CT scan
• Matt Serra: Suspended a minimum of 180 days; must clear a CT scan
• Evan Dunham: Suspended 45 days, with no contract for 45 days
• Sean Sherk: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 21 days
• Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 30 days
• Mark Hunt: Suspended a minimum of 30 days; must be cleared by X-ray
• Joey Beltran: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 30 days (laceration)
• Matt Mitrione: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 12 days
• Steve Lopez: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 30 days (laceration)
• Sean McCorkle: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 21 days
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013