- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Following his victory against Dan Hardy at UFC on Versus 5, Chris Lytle announced his retirement.
After setting a record of ten post-fight bonuses, Chris Lytle announced his retirement after he out pointed Dan Hardy at UFC on Versus 5. While many probably shrugged their shoulders afterwards, his fans shed a few tears.
Since his TUF 4 loss against Matt Serra in 2006, Chris Lytle won ten fight bonuses in his 14 professional bouts which sums up to more than half a million dollar. Nevertheless, he will step out in the organization, claiming that he wants to spend more time for his family. He felt that he’s been neglecting his family after his upset defeat against Brian Ebersole.
But with Chris Lytle being able to slug out Dan Hardy, who made his way to the title shot against GSP in 2010, the UFC has suffered a great loss.View Article Source »
After some boo-hoo's from the fans, the Indiana Gaming Commission dished out medical suspension to several UFC 119 contenders. Ten fighters will be in the shelf for at least 30 days.
The Indiana Gaming Commission handed out indefinite suspension for Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and Matt Serra after being defeated at UFC 119 last Saturday. Frank Mir gave Cro Cop a knee in the third round of their heavyweight tilt, while Serra absorbed heavy blows and a unanimous decision loss against Chris Lytle. According to IGC Division Director, Andrew Means, both fighters must spend at least 180 days in repose and should pass a CT scan before getting inside the Octagon again. IGC served ten fighters with medical suspension, including Mark Hunt that should pass a X-ray exam on his left elbow after buckling up from a McCorkle armbar.
UFC 119 Suspensions
• Mirko Filipovic: Suspended a minimum of 180 days; must clear a CT scan
• Matt Serra: Suspended a minimum of 180 days; must clear a CT scan
• Evan Dunham: Suspended 45 days, with no contract for 45 days
• Sean Sherk: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 21 days
• Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 30 days
• Mark Hunt: Suspended a minimum of 30 days; must be cleared by X-ray
• Joey Beltran: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 30 days (laceration)
• Matt Mitrione: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 12 days
• Steve Lopez: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 30 days (laceration)
• Sean McCorkle: Suspended 30 days, with no contract for 21 days
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013