- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Jose Aldo wants Anthony Pettis' lightweight belt for a chance of to hold titles in two weight classes
Anthony Pettis was supposed to drop to 145 to challenge featherweight king Jose Aldo but an injury yanked him out of the fight. He later won a title of his own when he submitted Benson Henderson in UFC 164. Now, with Pettis as the lightweight champ, Jose Aldo feels that it is his turn to come after Pettis’ belt.
“I want it at lightweight,” states Aldo regarding a potential fight with Pettis. “That’s where his belt resides, so I can steal it. It would be better for me since I already have a belt of my own. My belt is already up on the wall at my home.”Read the rest of the article »
UFC 136 now highlights a new bout featuring Josh Grispi and Matt Grice.
UFC officials recently announced that former top WEC featherweight contender – Josh Grispi – and current UFC returnee – Matt Grice – will meet on the upcoming UFC 136 event, which be held on October 8th at the Toyota Center in Houston. The night’s main card will be aired on pay-per-view, however, the bout between Grispi vs Grice will be part of the preliminary card.
Josh Grispi (14-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC) was suppose to face UFC 145-pound champ, Jose Aldo, at the UFC 125. Unfortunately, Aldo was ruled to abandon the fight due to an injury — leading Josh Grispi to fight Dustin Poirier wherein he obtained a unanimous-decision loss. This defeat, along with the TKO loss from George Roop during the Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale, ruined his 10-fight victory record.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013