- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
After announcing at the UFC 132 post-fight press conference that UFC will be heading to Japan, the promotion declared that they will be going to the Land of the Rising Sun on February 2012.
A week after UFC President – Dana White – announced that the promotion will be conducting an event in Japan, officials already declared a tentative date and venue. Based on a Sunday report, UFC officials set the undisclosed event on February 26, 2012 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. However, UFC is still looking for other several locations that could host their upcoming Japan event.
Marke Fischer, UFC executive vice president, is negotiating with several officials to secure a finalized date and venue. He is said to be in talks with other Japanese promoters who have used the Saitama Super Arena to help them hold an event there. However, it is still unclear whether Zuffa will collaborate with Japanese promotions or not.
Dana White added that Japan is an important part of the company’s plan to expand their promotions and fights to Asia. That is considered to be a major market for the near future.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013