- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler defeats Akihiro Gono via TKO
Bellator 67 took place tonight at the Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario, Canada. The event was headlined by a lightweight bout between Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler and DREAM veteran Akihiro Gono.Read the rest of the article »
Bellator booked two bouts for the upcoming welterweight-tourney semifinals.
Four veteran MMA fighters have just been added to Bellator 53 — the event which will host the second round of the promotion’s Season 5 Welterweight Tournament. Following the Bellator 49 show that took place in New Jersey last Saturday, Bellator CEO – Bjorn Rebney – confirmed that there would be two bouts slated for the upcoming welterweight-tourney semifinals.
Ben Saunders (11-3-2 MMA, 2-0 BFC) will be meeting Luis Santos (50-6-1 MMA, 2-0 BFC) on the said event, and so as Chris Lozano (9-1 MMA, 2-1 BFC) and Douglas Lima (19-4 MMA, 1-0 BFC). Bellator 53 will be held on October 8, 2011. However, both the location and venue haven’t been finalized yet.
The winners of the two bouts will be scheduled to meet on a future match-up, which will determine who among them is this season’s welterweight tournament champion. The declared champ will then face either current welterweight champion, Ben Askren or Jay Hieron.
Stay tuned to Fighting Insider for the official venue of Bellator 53.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013