- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Phil Baroni posted a tweet that sent a different message from the one he delivered in June. It is a depressed and anguished voice we heard. We could only think of one thing to which we can attribute this: the accomplished wrestler is now out of UFC 118.
“It [my previous fight] was a do-or-die. This fight I’m not going to look at it that way. I’m going to go there and enjoy it and not put the pressure on myself.”
This felt like a war cry from Phil George Baroni when he was interviewed on The MMA Hour in June. That was when the wrestling warrior still qualified to ensue a battle head-on against John Salter. Unfortunately the war cry is giving way to an anguished cry, as Baroni has been forced to relinquish the fight because of a collarbone condition.
Deciding to move up to middleweight, “The New York Bad Ass” started working out to strengthen himself and improve his skills in Thailand way back in November, after a unanimously voted loss against Amir Sadollah at UFC 116. Barely a time after he got back up, he gets another blow from the forced pulling-out.
His recent tweet gives an idea of how he is faring through the situation:
“I cant take it anymore. Im freaking out. anxiety im shot. beaten [sic].”
Meanwhile, MMADiehards.com first reported that Dan Miller agreed to go on a face-off with John Salter. This was confirmed by Dan Constantino of AMA Fight Club through another report, this time by MMA Fighting.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013