- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Newcomer, John Maguire, replaces Mark Scanlon on his scheduled bout with James Head at UFC 138.
Mark Scanlon (7-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) was scratched off of the UFC 138 fight card for unknown reasons. He was supposed to meet James Head on the night’s preliminary card, but was now replaced by fellow UK Welterweight, John Maguire, as reported by a source close to the event.
UFC 138 will be held on November 5 at the LG Arena in Birmingham, England. The evening’s main card, which headlines the middleweight bout between Chris Leben and Mark Muñoz, will be aired on Spike TV via same-day delay. As of now, UFC officials have not yet formally confirmed the new bout.
John Maguire (16-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC), a former UCMMA welterweight champion who also competed in BAMMA, is now set to make his UFC debut. He currently holds a five-fight win streak, which includes a notable victory over Dean Amasinger at UCMMA 18 event.
James Head (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), on the other hand, is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt holder who started training in 2008. He opened his MMA career with a 7-1 record, which consisted of a unanimous decision victory over UFC veteran Gerald Harris. James Head just made his Octagon debut at UFC 131 last June, where he attained a submission loss to Nick Ring.
Stay tuned to Fighting Insider for more UFC 138 updates.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013