- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
The New Mexico Athletic Commission overturned the draw result on Chris Camozzi and Joey Villasenor's bout into split decision, in favor of the former.
Last Tuesday, the New Mexico Athletic Commission ruled the Chris Camozzi vs Joey Villasenor result from draw to split decision, in favor of the former. The reason for changed of decision is the scoring error seen from the judges scorecards after the fight ended on May 27 at Shark Fights in Rio Rancho, N.M.
Based on the event’s score sheet: Judge Robert Romero scored the fight 29-28 in favor of Chris Camozzi, while Jenna Vasquez scored 29-28 for Joey Villasenor. Then Mark Sanchez gave 29-29 score that made the fight to end in a draw. But in the scorecard, it actually read that the last judge gave the rounds two and three for Chris Camozzi. Hence, it should be a 29-28 for the fighter.
The match’s result is now switched by the New Mexic Athletic Commission, and gave the victory to Chris Camozzi.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013