- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
“I think I’m fighting the best I’ve ever fought. I’m in the best shape I’ve been in a very, very long time. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.” -Javi Vazquez
WEC featherweight Javier “Showtime” Vazquez feels he still has to prove something to himself even after completing 20 fights and 12 years in MMA.
In an interview with MMAWeekly.com, he said that that, “I think every fight for me is at that stage. I’m going to prove to everybody and myself that I’m a top contender.”
Vazquez experienced a bad start when he first joined the WEC but redeemed himself since then and trained more.
“Even though I lost my first WEC two fights, I feel I fought extremely well,” he said. “I’ve definitely picked up some new things (since then), especially my conditioning.
“I’ve worked a lot on my conditioning, which was the weakest part of my game, and now I’m in tremendous shape. Me being able to push the pace with my skills is going to be a real test (for my opponents).”
Aside from finding ways to guard his Achilles heel, Vazquez strive to discover other aspects of his game.
“I brought in a boxing coach for the first time, and the learning curve with Eric Paulson… he has so much stuff, and I’m just trying to pick up as much as I can,” said Vazquez in the interview.
His determination is felt in every word he utters. “I think I’m fighting the best I’ve ever fought. I’m in the best shape I’ve been in a very, very long time. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”
On Wednesday in Las Vegas, Vazquez will be fighting against Mackens Semerzier for the WEC 50. The latter is looking to gain his self-esteem after losing at WEC 46.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013