- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Another fighter pulled out of the UFC 133 fight card, after Antonio Rogerio Nogueira incurred and injury.
The upcoming UFC 133 is one of the fight cards with the most number of injuries, pulling out fighters from their respective matches. The latest fighters who withdrew were Antonio Rogerio Nogueria and Rich Franklin. UFC announced that the former had to bow out due to an injury. That said, Rich Franklin will be off from the fight card too.
The Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Rich Franklin match was set as a co-main event of UFC 133 on August 6 in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, the latter still has no opponent after three weeks’ notice. Hence, UFC came up with the decision to pull out the said match on the event. As a result, the middleweight showdown between Vitor Belfort and Yoshihiro Akiyama was flagged as the co-main event.
UFC 133 will take place at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. This tournament will feature pay-per-view events that will start at 9pm ET, along with a couple of fights that will be on Spike TV and a free live video streaming of untelevised prelims on Facebook.View Article Source »
Pain and injury will not stop the “Ultimate Fighter” season 11 winner Court McGee.
After his successful fight in ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season 11 against Ryan Jensen, Court McGee is back into action after suffering from a broken hand.
Through his dedication to the sport and his determination to come back in the ring, Court McGee trained at his best while sparing his broken hand so that it may heal as soon as possible. But he accidentally blew his knee training with Jake Shields. This incident has resulted to the postponement of Court McGee’s fight against Jesse Bongfeldt at UFC 131 in June. Fortunately enough, got his knees is healing fast as his surgery doctors told him.
While being almost recovered to injuries, Court McGee is seeing to fight in mid-summer at middleweight division. He will just have to wait for Joe Silva’s call to get him a fight. Court McGee’s full recovery is expected to be on the end of July or maybe on early August according to his trainer. His full recovery will give him an entry pass in having a possible bout at UFC on Versus 5 show.View Article Source »
Former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman aches after a tough loss and injury.
The American mixed martial artist and former UFC heavyweight title holder, Kevin Randleman, was defeated by Baga Agaev through a first round arm-bar submission at Mayor’s Cup last Saturday. Kevin Randleman, who came from a one-year layoff, has suffered dislocated elbow. His companion in Russia – Ken Pavia – has confirmed the incident and post Randleman’s before-and-after fight x-ray pictures on Twitter.
Kevin Randleman, was also defeated by Roger Gracie in Strikeforce last year through a rear-naked choke submission, makes his record 17-16 — including four consecutive loss. The 39-year-old MMA fighter has a background of Collegiate Wrestling and recently seen training at Randy Couture’s gym in Las Vegas, Nevada.View Article Source »
One fighter was scrapped from UFC 131's roster, as Court McGee accidentally torn his MCL. Who's going to fight Jesse Bongfeldt now?
Court McGee will have to wait a little longer before making his comeback in the Octagon, as the fighter was forced to drop out of his scheduled UFC 131 bout against Jesse Bongfeldt. The former TUF winner injured his knee while training at Cesar Gracie’s camp. That said, Court McGee was forced to withdraw from his duel against Jesse Bongfeldt at UFC 131.
As of the moment, there’s no information as to when Court McGee can return. The UFC is yet to make a statement for his replacement for the June 11 event.View Article Source »
The doctor stoppage in Roger Huerta's recent TKO loss at the hands of Eddie Alvarez was questioned by some, but credit the cage-side physician for saving Huerta from further damage. If the doctor did not do that, Huerta might lost his eye-sight.
A Roger Huerta vs Eddie Alvarez fight is anticipated by their fans after the former signed with Bellator promotions. Unfortunately, he suffered an injury forcing him to withdraw from his scheduled title bout with Alvarez. Instead, Huerta accepted a non-title match versus Alvarez in Bellator 33.
It was in the end of the second round that the cage-side doctor checked on Roger Huerta. He was asked how many fingers does the doctor had up. But when Huerta couldn’t answer, the fight was stopped.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013