- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Hector Lombard requests to fight in UFC's upcoming event in Brisbane, Australia
Hector Lombard promised to put on an impressive performance a few days before his welterweight debut. The adopted Aussie believes it will be his ticket for the upcoming Brisbane card and he delivered his promise on fight night. He stopped former Strikeforce welterweight champ Nate Marquardt in the very first round of their fight.
“I want to fight in front of my son, friends and fans in Australia,” Lombard said post-fight.Read the rest of the article »
Hector Lombard is currently battling weight issues with just two days remaining before the official weigh in of his upcoming fight with Nate Marquardt
Former Bellator middleweight titleholder Hector Lombard is already facing a major challenge before his welterweight debut has even begun. It was revealed in UFC Tonight that Lombard is struggling to make the transition to welterweight with just days away before the official weigh in of his UFC 166 showdown against Nate Marquardt.
Lombard, who is a top prospect before competing in UFC, has previously stated that it would be impossible for him to drop to 170. However, he decided to make the transition after going 1-2 in his UFC campaign. Lombard made his UFC debut with a disappointing loss to Tim Boetsch in a fight that snapped his 25-fight winning streak. He bounced back with a first round KO over the infamous Rousimar Palhares but he would again drop a decision to Yushin Okami in his subsequent bout.
Lombard owns 18 KOs in his 32 wins and a lot of people are wondering on how the weight cut would affect his vaunted KO power. All those questions will be answered this weekend when Lombard faces former Strikeforce welterweight champion and UFC middleweight contender Nate Marquardt in the Fox Sports 1 preliminary cards of UFC 166.
[Photos from blogs.telegraph.co.uk]View Article Source »
Rousimar Palhares will make his welterweight debut in UFC Fight Night 29 against Mike Pierce
Submission specialist Rousimar Palhares will make his octagon return this Wednesday in UFC Fight Night 29. Palhares, whose stocky build earned him the nickname “Toquinho”, promised to reinvent himself by dropping to 170lbs for the first time in his career. He made the transition after suffering consecutive knock out losses to Alan Belcher and Hector Lombard. He says that he felt better when he dropped to 170 lbs.
“I feel better than I expected at 170,” he said. “I did a 20-minute fight in the gym one day after I cut down to 170 and did great. I’ve changed everything in my diet. I can eat everything but carbohydrates and sugar. It was tough, man. I loved to eat meat, French fries, chocolate and ice cream, but that’s okay.”Read the rest of the article »
UFC veteran Tim ‘The Barbarian’ Boetsch is scheduled to face UFC newcomer and former Bellator champ, Hector Lombard in the upcoming UFC 149 event. The middleweight bout between Boetsch and Lombard is set to be featured at the event’s main card.Read the rest of the article »
Hector Lombard was originally set to fight the injured, Brian Stann at UFC on FOX 4
Hector Lombard is set to make his UFC debut at the upcoming UFC 149 event. He will now face Tim ‘The Barbarian’ Boetsch, who was originally set to fight Michael Bisping, who was forced to withdraw from the event after suffering from an injury.Read the rest of the article »
Brian Stann was scheduled to headline a middleweight bout against UFC newcomer Hector Lombard.
Brian Stann is forced to withdraw from his scheduled middleweight headliner against UFC newcomer and former Bellator champ Hector Lombard in the upcoming UFC on FOX 4 event, due to a shoulder injury.Read the rest of the article »
Lombard says that he intends to win a UFC world title, now that he's with UFC.
After recently signing up with UFC, Hector Lombard says that he intends to fight middleweight champ, Anderson Silva.Read the rest of the article »
UFC president Dana White, posts a picture of Hector Lombard's contract in his twitter account
UFC officials have finally announced the inclusion of former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard, in their roster of fighters. Lombard has signed the contract today, April 27, 2012.
UFC president Dana White even tweeted and posted a picture of Lombard’s contract with their promotion. “Done deal!!!! Welcome to the UFC Hector”, White tweets.
Lombard has a record of 4 wins and one draw and currently possesses one of the longest undefeated streaks in MMA history. It’s been six years since he last got defeated.View Article Source »
Bellator's prized fighter, Hector Lombard, has officially signed with UFC.
Bellator Middleweight champ Hector Lombard confirms signing up with UFC, through his twitter account, @HectorLombard.Read the rest of the article »
Bellator middleweight champ Hector Lombard in negotiation with UFC Promotion, Bellator to decide if they could match their offer
Bellator’s first and current middleweight champ Hector Lombard may possibly end up signing with UFC Promotion. Lombard’s contract with Bellator Fighting Championships ended last fall.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013