- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
With Strikeforce having a new parent company, they are now implementing one new rule -- the elbows to the head on the ground.
After Zuffa purchased Strikeforce, Dana White insisted that the San Jose, California-based promotion will remain “business as usual”. However, Strikeforce will carry out one changed rule — elbows to the head on the ground.
According to UFC Chairman and CEO, Lorenzo Fertitta, Strikeforce will abide all of the unified rules in MMA that the UFC carries out. That said, the significant difference between UFC and Strikeforce will now go away by allowing the elbows to the head on the ground. Further more, the change of rules will make a big shift for fighters who were not accustomed to defend against elbows to the head on the ground.
Can this change brings Strikeforce and its fighter for the better? Let your opinions be heard by leaving a comment.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013