- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
JDS suffered a cut in his left eyebrow three weeks prior to the trilogy with Cain
Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos has revealed that a cut nearly prevented him from competing for the much anticipated trilogy with Cain Velasquez. According to JDS, he suffered the cut three weeks ago while training for his upcoming fight.
“It was in the training and it was accidental,” says dos Santos in the most recent UFC 166 open workouts. “But I’m OK already. I’m 100 percent already.”
Although JDS asserts that he is 100 percent ready, the cut could still play a major part especially for a fight of this magnitude where one advantage could very well affect the outcome of the match. The scar is visible above Cigano’s right eyebrow and it can possibly play against him if Cain targets it once they lock horns in the main event of the PPV card this weekend.
Last April, a similar incident happened to UFC when a cut forced Alexander Gusafsson to pull out from the headline bout against Gerard Mousasi in UFC on Fuel TV 9. With just 4 days prior to the fight, UFC officials have no choice but to replace him with the relatively unknown Ilir Latifi. Fortunately, JDS recovered from the cut or Zuffa would have scrapped one of the biggest events of this year.
[Photos from www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com]View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013