- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Fight fans will decide on who will share the cover of the newest UFC game with Jon Jones
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones finally bagged the slot of a UFC video game cover after losing his spot to Anderson Silva in 2011. He will now join the company of Brock Lesnar, Forrest Griffin and Anderson Silva as fighters who became faces of the game. The UFC and EA Sports made the announcement this Monday and they confirmed that Jones will appear in the cover of EA’s inaugural UFC game along with another fighter who will be determined through a voting process.Read the rest of the article »
Jon Fitch expects a rematch with Josh Burkman if both of them wins in WSOF 6 this coming Saturday
Former UFC contender Jon Fitch is looking to get back in the winning column when he steps to the cage against the hard hitting Marcelo Alfaya this coming Saturday at WSOF 6.
Fitch has been a top rated welterweight before he suffered a string of defeats that changed the course of his career. He started his UFC campaign with eight consecutive victories only to fall against Georges St-Pierre in his bid for the welterweight crown. He would again notch up 5 wins in a row before a draw with BJ Penn and a 12 second knockout loss to Johny Hendricks. He won another fight after that but he will be eventually released by UFC following a lopsided loss at the hands of Demian Maia. In his WSOF debut, Fitch was choked out in less than a minute by fellow UFC veteran Josh Burkman.
Marcelo Alfaya, who will be making his promotional debut against Fitch, is unbeaten in his last three bouts. He is coming off a 25 second knockout win against Valdir Araujo in CFA 9 last January.
“He’s a tough guy,” Fitch said. “Good jiu-jitsu, heavy-handed. He hasn’t had a super-active career in the last three years, but he had some good wins. He had a 30-second knockout in last fight. He’s a serious threat so I have to take him as a serious threat and do whatever I can to put him away as fast as I can.”
Fitch, despite claiming that he is focused on Alfaya, admits that he is pursuing a third match with Josh Burkman. Each fighter holds submission win over the other. Fitch submitted Burkman in his second octagon appearance and the latter avenged that loss with a 41 second guillotine choke in Fitch’s WSOF debut last June.
[Photos from superlutas.com.br]View Article Source »
Nick Diaz has not yet responded to the rumored fight with Michael Bisping
Talks of Nick Diaz’s octagon return has stemmed earlier this week from an interview with Diaz’ close friend and training partner Gilbert Melendez. El Nino has stated Diaz might come out from retirement once he is offered a fight of his liking. After a few days, Michael Bisping noticed the news and decided to join the fray. He wrote in his twitter account that he will be happy to welcome Nick Diaz to the middleweight division.
That being said, UFC President Dana White has revealed that Diaz has not yet expressed an intention to return to the cage.
“I love that fight,” White said following today’s pre-UFC 166 media session. “I love that fight. I like it, but everything I hear from Nick Diaz is that he doesn’t want to fight.”
Nick’s habit for announcing to retire after a loss is perhaps the reason why his retirement has not been taken seriously. He did it first after the Condit loss and it earned him his biggest fight to date, a match with GSP. Considering Diaz’ attempts to land a fight against Anderson Silva a few months ago, it would be safe to assume that it will be just a matter of time before the Stockton native announces his octagon return.
[Photos by www.kimura.se]
View Article Source »
Dana White is not sold on Bjorn Rebney's proposal regarding Ben Askren
Dana White shows that he learned a lesson from the Eddie Alvarez incident when he shut down Bjorn Rebney’s offer regarding their welterweight champion Ben Askren. Rebney, the CEO of Bellator MMA has stated a week ago that he is willing to let Askren walk if White grants him a title shot for his UFC debut. Apparently, White is not that interested in the former two time NCAA division 1 wrestling champion.Read the rest of the article »
GSP's chief trainer denies the rumor that "Rush" is planning to retire after his upcoming title defense against Johny Hendricks
It was reported a week ago that long time welterweight champ and p4p fighter Georges St-Pierre is considering retirement after his upcoming title defense against Johny Hendricks. The rumors has stemmed after GSP’s chief trainer,Firas Zahabi was interviewed in the French speaking program TVA sports. In the interview, Zahabi has stated that the champ has told him about a possible retirement if he loses the desire to train.
“George told me if the occasion should retire after this fight. If he still has the motivation for another training camp, it will continue. Otherwise, he will take his retirement.”
However, the entire MMA world must have misinterpreted Zahabi’s statement as he later denied the rumor in an interview with Ariel Helwani. He revealed to the UFC Tonight reporter that GSP is not planning to retire regardless of the outcome of his title fight. Zahabi also added that their current camp is the best that they had in the past two years.
“GSP has always that said if he loses the drive to really go through with a great training camp and push himself, then he will retire,” Zahabi said through Ariel Helwani. “GSP’s camp has been his best in years, last two not so great, because he was so rusty because of the knee injury.”
[Photos from www.mmacanada.net]View Article Source »
Bellator CEO wants a title shot for Ben Askren's UFC debut
Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren will get his boss’ approval to fight in UFC only if they will give him an immediate title shot with Georges St-Pierre. Askren initially said in his Twitter account that he has no plans to leave the sport unless he fights GSP. It seems that his boss, Bjorn Rebney has noticed the tweets and decided to join the fray.Read the rest of the article »
Sergio Pettis will make his octagon debut against Vaughan Lee in UFC 167: St. Pierre vs. Hendricks
Sergio Pettis, the younger brother of UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis will make his octagon debut next month. He will face off against Vaughan Lee as part of the card of UFC 167: St. Pierre vs. Hendricks.
The 20 year old Milwaukee native branded as “The Phenom” is earlier regarded as a flyweight prospect. However, he will campaign as a bantamweight in the UFC. He is unbeaten in his 9 professional fights with only 3 of those fights going the distance. In his latest outing, Pettis submitted James Porter with a kimura in the 2:33 mark of the first round.
His opponent, Vaughan Lee (13-9-1, 3-2 in UFC) has split his last 2 fights. He beat Motonobu Tezuka via unanimous decision last February but was submitted by Raphael Assuncao in his succeeding fight.
UFC 167 will take place at MGM Grand Garden Arena on November 14. The event is headlined by a welterweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Johny Hendricks. It will also feature Chael Sonnen and former light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans in the co-main event as well as a possible “loser leaves town” battle between Alistair Overeem and Frank Mir.
[Photos by jsonline.com]View Article Source »
The "UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit" event will serve as St-Pierre's octagon return after recovering from an injury
UFC fans will be happy to know that the tickets for the well awaited “UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit” event is set to go on sale this week. The UFC show will feature a main event bout between welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and and interim title holder Carlos Condit.Read the rest of the article »
UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre last fought at the main event of UFC 129
UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre finally seeked a medical clearance to begin his training for his long awaited Octagon return. GSP announced this exciting news through his Facebook and Twitter account. He was last seen in action at the main event of UFC 129, where he defeated Jake Shields via unanimous decision. He injured his knee while training in December of last year.Read the rest of the article »
UFC Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre's right knee healing well, may start training in July
UFC Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre tells his fans that he is hopeful to return in the octagon by November. He was interviewed via sattelite last Wednesday in UFC’s press conference in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013