- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Still collating a list of best MMA fighters, Fighting Insider gives way to a flyweight talent -- John Dodson.
Born as Jonathan Dodson III on September 24, 1984 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, John Dodson is one of the slickest and most physically gifted fighters in MMA.
Born and raised in Albuquerque, John Dodson moved to Edgewood with his family. He competed in track, basketball, wrestling and gymnastics while attending Moriarty High School. He was a two-time state champion, one time state runner-up, and four time district champion in wrestling. He graduated from high school in 2003, and attended University of New Mexico while working at the local Chuck E. Cheese.Read the rest of the article »
Flyweight division is rumored to make its way to the UFC, but it's not likely to happen until early next year.
UFC has been long flirted with the idea of having a flyweight division, which is not likely to happen before the year closed. According to UFC President, Dana White, plans for the 125-pound division are still in place. However, it is more likely to make its way to the promotion by early 2012.
The flyweights were rumored to make a home at Zuffa since WEC days, but it is still awaiting in the largest MMA promotion yet. However, Dana White expects several fighters to drop down in weight once the flyweight is up and running. This could include Joseph Benavidez, Demetrious Johnson and Charlie Valencia. Ian McCall, who is currently ranked as the best flyweight MMA fighter, could make a return to Zuffa as well.
More fighters could follow Ian McCall to the UFC, but it looks like the plans for the 125-pound division will possibly happen next year.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013