- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
To acquire good health and physical fitness, you'll need proper nutrition. Check out Fighting Insider's overview of the basic body nutrients.
The key component for a good health and physical fitness is proper nutrition. For athletes who works on their weight, proper nutrition consumption is the most important aid for gaining. According to fitness expert, Joe Franco, an appropriate assortment of food from the four food groups can offer all the basic nutrients that the body requires for an optimum performance. Food satisfies three bodily needs:
1. Energy requirement
2. Tissue growth and repair
3. Energy regulation of metabolic functions
That said, know the basic nutrients that the body requires and their benefits by hitting the break.Read the rest of the article »
In this week's edition of MMA Diet 101, check out the best source of healthy fats and the reasons why it is important.
Due to intense training sessions, fighters burn calories rapidly and are having a hard time taking in enough amount of it. Therefore, healthy fats should make up a bountiful portion of a fighter’s diet. Good fats are best source to replenish the body with loss calories, while acquiring many anti-inflammatory, anti-depression and other health benefits for the brain and heart.
Almonds, walnuts, coconut milk, extra virgin olive oil, fish oil and flax-seed are some of the best source of healthy fats. On the other hand, animal fats – like those coming from milk or meat – have their own place in a balanced diet. It can help increase testosterone and balance nerve functioning that can fuel recovery, but animals store toxins in their fat deposits. That’s why it is a safer bet to make the fat sources aforementioned to be a fighter’s foundation.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013