- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
After the match of Shane Carwin and Junior dos Santos is over, the winner will have to wait for his title shot against UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez for a several months.
During the UFC 131 press conference on Thursday, UFC President – Dana White – said that they hope to make the match between UFC heavyweight champion – Cain Velasquez – and the winner of Dos Santos vs Carwin happen sooner. However, the champion’s recovery from his shoulder injury might take a few more months. Furthermore, the plan for UFC 136 – where the match will take place – will be held in Houston, Texas on October 8.
After Cain Velasquez met Brock Lesnar last year, he underwent a shoulder surgery. But with the rehabilitation and recovery time, it was expected that the champion will have a rest off from the fights for several months until he is fully. The winner of Dos Santos vs Carwin match will have to wait for the heavyweight king to recover from his injury and then the schedule for the title fight will be set.
UFC is planning to hold their next Fan Expo in Houston as well, which will take place on Oct 7 and 8.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013