- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Do Bronx injured and out of his bout with Jeremy Larsen
Charles Oliveira will not be competing against Jeremy Larsen in UFC 166. His coach, Ericson Cardozo has disclosed to MMAfighting.com that the 23 year old Brazilian has strained his thigh muscle and will not be able to walk for three to four weeks. He also added that Oliveira will be possibly out for the rest of the year.
Charles Oliveira was initially schedule to face Estevan Payan, but Payan suffered a broken foot and was forced out of the card. He was replaced with Jeremy Larsen who is still looking for his first win in the octagon. Oliveira’s injury left him without an opponent with just 2 weeks remaining before the event.
Do Bronx has expressed his frustrations in an interview in MMA premium:
“I’m really sad because I knew how important this fight was and I know how ready I was for this,” said Oliveira. “The doctors told me that I can’t even move or this injury can get worse.”
UFC 166 will take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas on October 19, 2013. It will be headlined with the trilogy of Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos. The event will also feature a heavyweight showdown between Daniel Cormier and Roy Nelson.
[Photos by kimura.se]View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013