- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
With a trade-off between power and endurance in MMA, it is essential to understand what MMA conditioning is all about and how to balance your energy system.
The biggest part of confusion in conditioning in MMA is the balancing of energy system. The human body is designed to produce massive power for a very short time, low to moderate power for very long period and moderate power for moderate time. Simply put, it is not physiologically possible that you’ll see a power lifter also holding a record in triathlon.
This also explains why a heavyweight fighter doesn’t have the endurance of a lightweight, while a lightweight fighter will never have the strength and power of a heavyweight. That said, you must find the balance between aerobic and anaerobic energy production.Read the rest of the article »
While few take the time to understand exactly what conditioning really is, Fighting Insider is here to give you a short course on MMA Conditioning 101.
A huge amount of time and energy in MMA is spent in training to improve conditioning. However, few coaches and fighters doesn’t really know what ‘conditioning’ is all about. While many fans would say that fighters are some of the best conditioned athletes out there, it may not be really the case.
So what is the true meaning of ‘conditioning’?Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013