- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
As the 24-year-old Duffee approaches victory, Russow caught him off guard. Russow knocked him down midway which caused his sudden defeat.
After suffering from a broken arm last May, UFC heavyweight Mike Russow will rest until January 2011.
He was with those upcoming comeback moments in most recent history with his well fight with Todd Duffe. He gave him a third-round knockout after trailing most of the fight. Due to this, he is expected to only miss six to eight weeks while healing.
Russow broke his ulna bone on the left arm amidst the blocking a kick from Duffe in their first encounter at UFC 114. As of the moment Russow is still in cast. The time span of the recovery is approximately a year according to Mante Cox, his manager.
Russow’s fight showed he is the underdog. It is known to many that Duffee is an undefeated champ and a favorite of everyone. To prove the beliefs about him, he started the first two rounds with applause. making his score cards superior and his enemy inferior of him. As the 24-year-old Duffee approaches victory, Russow caught him off guard. Russow knocked him down midway that caused his defeat.
For his best efforts he was rewarded $65,000 Knockout of the Night bonus.
The show of resilience boosted Russow to a 13-1 record with one no contest in his career. The Illinois fighter, who is also a full-time police officer in Chicago, is 2-0 in the UFC, with his other victory coming in a decision over Justin McCully.View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013