- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Middleweights fighters, Dominique Steele and Chris Mierzwiak, are now set to be part of the Strikeforce: World Heavyweight Grand Prix's preliminary card.
Strikeforce just added a new middleweight bout into next month’s Strikeforce: World Heavyweight Grand Prix event.
Scott Coker, the promotion’s CEO, formally announced that Dominique Steele and Chris Mierzwiak have verbally agreed to meet at the show’s preliminary card, which is expected to air live on HDNet. The Strikeforce: World Heavyweight Grand Prix is set to take place on Saturday, September 10 at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Its main card, headlining the heavyweight semifinal bout between Josh Barnett and Sergei Kharitonov, will be featured on Showtime.
Fighting out from the Vision MMA in Cincinnati and a trainee of Roger Bowling, Dominique Steele (3-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) boasts a three-fight win streak, which all of his bouts ended in the first round. He is renowned for defeating his competitors through powerful submission strikes.
Chris Mierzwiak (3-0 MMA, 0-0 SF), on the other hand, also received three consecutive wins since turning pro. His most recent victory was attained in the AAMMA XI event last February, wherein he finished Brandon Pinkston through submission Arm Bar just 35 seconds after the ring bells.
The latest fight card is posted after the skip.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013