Send tip

UFC 148’s Top Earners: Either Tito Ortiz or Forrest Griffin

Written on July 06, 2012 by Avlya Jaie

0 person

Who ever wins between Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin, is set to be UFC 148's highest paid fighter

The emerging winner of the bout between Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin is set to be the highest earning fighter of this Saturday’s UFC 148 event.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Patrick Cote Excited to Face Cung Le in His Upcoming UFC Return

Written on June 01, 2012 by Avlya Jaie

0 person

Patrick ‘The Predator’ Cote heads back to the octagon to face Le at UFC 148.

Patrick ‘The Predator’ Cote returns to UFC after four straight wins outside the octagon. He is set to engage in a middleweight bout against Cung Le in this July’s UFC 148 event.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Cung Le vs. Patrick Cote Set for UFC 148 Main Card

Written on June 01, 2012 by Avlya Jaie

0 person

Patrick Cote replaces Rich Franklin who will now fight in UFC 147

Patrick Cote returns to UFC for a middleweight bout against Cung Le in this July’s UFC 148 event. Cote has replaced Rich Franklin, who is heading to UFC 147 in a bout against Wanderlei Silva.

Read the rest of the article »
Share

Rich Franklin & Cung Le to Compete in UFC 148

Written on March 20, 2012 by Lulu

0 person

Former UFC champion Rich ‘Ace’ Franklin and former Strikeforce champ, Cung Le agree to meet in UFC 148

UFC officials have announced that former UFC champion Rich ‘Ace’ Franklin and former Strikeforce champ, Cung Le agree to meet in UFC 148’s middleweight event.

Franklin recently fought in UFC 126 where he lost to Forrest Griffin. While Le got knocked out by Wanderlei Silva at the UFC 139 event, November of last year.

UFC 148 is expected to take place on July 7, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and will also feature a bout between bantamweight fighters Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.

UFC has yet to release an official announcement regarding this upcoming event.

View Article Source »
Share

Rua vs Henderson Takes UFC 139 Main Event

Written on September 22, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

A light heavyweight match pitting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Dan Henderson takes the main-event slot for UFC 139.

A light heavyweight bout between Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Dan Henderson has officially taken the main-event slot of UFC 139. Co-headlining their match is a middleweight fight pitting Wanderlei Silva and Cung Le.

Wanderlei Silva was tapped to face Cung Le in the said event, following Vitor Belfort’s withdrawal from the match due to injury.

The UFC 139: Rua vs Henderson match will kick off on November 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The night’s main card will air on pay-per-view.

View Article Source »
Share

Wanderlei Silva Steps in to Face Cung Le for UFC 139

Written on September 22, 2011 by Lulu

0 person

Dana White had confirmed that Wanderlei Silva will steps in to replace Vitor belfort for his upcoming match against Cung Le at UFC 139.

UFC president, Dana White, posted on Twitter last Wednesday that Cung Lee will replace Vitor Belfort for his upcoming match for UFC 139 against Wanderlei Silva. Vitor Belfort was forced out of the bout due to injury.

Wanderlei Silva steps in just a few months after his entire UFC career came into question, following a knockout loss to Chris Leben in July. The said legendary PRIDE fighter has gone 1-3 in his last four fights. However, he still wants to fight so he’ll get his chance this November against former Strikeforce middleweight champion — Cung Le. The bout between Wanderlei Silva and Cung Le will remain as the co-main event slot for UFC 139.

UFC 139 will take place on November 19 in San Jose, featuring a light heavyweight fight between Dan Henderson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua.

View Article Source »
Share

Cung Le Talks About Vitor Belfort and UFC 139

Written on September 12, 2011 by Markham Mencken

0 person

"Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too." --- Cung Le

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion, Cung Le, signed with UFC late last week. In relation to this, the new member of the promotion is set to face Vitor Belfort in what appears to be the main event of UFC 139 on November. However, The Phenom doesn’t care to acknowledge Cung Le’s status. In a recent interview, UFC’s former middleweight contender made comments which suggest that he didn’t know who Cung Le was or what he had accomplished.

The latter addressed the issue:

“What Vitor says doesn’t bother me. He can talk all he wants. We’ll take care of business on November 19th. Let him talk. I don’t like to talk so he can do all the talking. I’ll let him have that job and we will work it out in San Jose. Vitor is very dangerous, but I’m very dangerous too. We have two dangerous guys in the ring and we are going to see which one of us is more dangerous.”

Just keep it posted here at Fighting Insider for more UFC 139 updates.

View Article Source »
Share

MMA Fighting Events


Featured


View all