- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
With Creatine being popular for most athletes, is it useful for a MMA fighter?
Most athletes – especially bodybuilder – have been using Creatine over the past decade to improve their performance and to increase their muscle mass. As for MMA fighters, the physical requirements of Mixed Martial Arts are far from the demands of bodybuilding. And in order to determine whether taking Creatine for a MMA fighter is worthwhile or not, let’s first learn what Creatine is and how it works.
Creatine supplies energy required during brief but highly intense activity like a 100 meter sprint. And whether you are using carbohydrates, fats, proteins or Creatine, it must be broken down to ATP to be utilized as an energy source. However, only a small amount of ATP can actually be stored in the muscle cells. Hence, Creatine can be a secondary supply to fuel the high intensity activity.Read the rest of the article »
In this week's edition of MMA Diet 101, Fighting Insider will provide you with few information about Creatine and how you should consume it.
If you’ve eaten salmon or steak, you’ve consumed Creatine. Years ago, few body builders believe that Creatine was actually sharp pieces of finely ground glass, which tears your muscle fibers microscopically after taking it. These tears will then heal, and then your muscles will grow bigger and stronger. And albeit there are some myths about […]Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013