- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
A new four-fight deal with the UFC in tow, Vladimir "The Janitor" Matyushenko will warm the cage with Jason Brilz at UFF 122 on October.
Verbal agreements are reportedly being shared by both parties, and a final agreement on a fight between Matyushenko (24-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and Brilz (18-3-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) is closing in.
Unofficial schedule of the entire UFC 122 is anticipated to happen in November 13 at Konig Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, Germany. The main card is not yet heading for the newsline, but Spike TV will surely broadcast the bouts in the same day they happen.
Recently beaten-down Brilz and Matyushenko are seeking a win in whatever upcoming fight they get into. The firefighter-slash-wrestling-coach Brilz faced Antonio Nogueira at UFC 114 on short notice. Although the latter scored a split-decision win, Brilz’s dominance reverberated out from the octagon to the whole venue hall. Matyushenko, on the other hand, just stuck a new deal with UFC. But his defeat to Jon Jones earlier this month at UFC on Versus 2 is still a disappointing reminder in his career. The former IFL champion re-entered the UFC last fall of 2009 after going absent from the organization for six years.
Watch out for updates on the UFC 122 in Germany.
(Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)View Article Source »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013