- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
UFC fighter, Sam Stout, revealed that Shawn Tompkins' cause of death is heart attack.
Renowed MMA trainer, Shawn Tompkins, underwent autopsy last Monday and saw heart attack as the cause of his death last Sunday morning. The news was revealed by his brother-in-law and UFC fighter, Sam Stout. Although the Ontario Law states that privacy exemptions keeps autopsy reports from public view, Sam Stout revealed the results to The London Free Press — an Onatrio newspaper.
“I don’t know what to say. It’s not supposed to be happen to a healthy 37-year-old person. Who would think he had to get checked out for that?”
He also added that funeral arrangements would be on Tuesday. In relation to this, Shawn Tompkins’ management team – AMR Group – established a memorial fund. The Shawn Tompkins Memorial Fund is accepting contributions to help The Coach’s widow, Emilie, with burial costs.
At the time of his passing, the 37-year-old coach was in Ontario, working with his younger fighters. According to those who were with him, he went to sleep after an event and never woke up.
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013