- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
From shoot style wrestling to competitive mixed martial arts, Akira Maeda is one great fighter that paved the way for MMA in Japan.
Also known as Kwik-kik-Lee, Akira Maeda was born on January 24, 1959. He helped develop the shoot style of professional wrestling during the late 1980s.
He formed the Fighting Network RINGS, dubbed as RINGS, in 1991. After the collapse of UWF International in 1997, RINGS no longer bill itself as wrestling. Akira Maeda retired from active competition in 1999, following his loss against three-time Olympic gold medalist — Alexander Karelin.
After his retirement, Akira Maeda switches RINGS shoot-style to competitive mixed martial arts.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013