- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
This week, Georges "GSP" St-Pierre makes his way to Fighting Insider's list of MMA's best fighters.
Georges St-Pierre, also known as GSP, was born on May 19, 1981 in Saint-Isidore, Quebec. He is the current UFC welterweight title holder, and is lauded as one of the best pound-for-pound MMA fighter.
At the age of seven, he studied Kyokushin Karate from his father, Rolando, in order to defend himself against school bully. He continue his karate classes later on with a Kyokushin Karate Master. When his karate teacher died, he studied Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Boxing. Then before he became a professional MMA fighter, GSP worked as a bouncer at Fuzzy Brossard and a garbage man for six months to pay his school fees.
Georges St-Pierre made his UFC debut at UFC 46, where he defeated Karo Parisyan via unanimous decision. It was followed by a technical knockout win over Jay Hieron at UFC 48.Read the rest of the article »
Once called by Joe Rogan as "an angry Jim Carrey", Rich Franklin makes his way to Fighting Insider's list of MMA's Best Fighter.
Former UFC middleweight champion, Rich Franklin, was born as Rich Jay Franklin II on October 5, 1974. Prior to becoming a MMA fighter, he was a Mathematics teacher at the Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. He was a graduate of University of Cincinnati, where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, as well as his Master’s Degree in Education.
Rich Franklin, together with American Fighter president — Jeff Adler, created the Keep It In the Ring Foundation. It advocates on non-violence and character build-up for youths through after school sports, martial arts and life skills program.Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013