- Jon Jones graces the cover of the newest UFC video game... Read more »
- Dominick Cruz and Renan Barao headlines UFC 169 alongsi... Read more »
- Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen set as coaches in TUF ... Read more »
- UFC 166 results: Velasquez stops Cigano in 5 rounds Read more »
- JDS: Trilogy will not end the Velasquez - dos Santos ri... Read more »
- UFC cuts Palhares following controversial submission wi... Read more »
- UFC Fight Night 29 recap: a night of upsets Read more »
Heavyweight prospect Stipe Miocic calls out Gabriel Gonzaga in UFC Tonight
Gabriel Gonzaga certainly made an impression with his KO win over Shawn Jordan at UFC 166 and it seems like he caught the attention of Stipe Miocic. The rising heavyweight prospect has expressed his interest in a possible fight with Napao in the recent edition of UFC Tonight.
The 31 year old Miocic has started his MMA record with 6-0 prior to his UFC career. Since then he racked up three straight wins with the promotion before suffering an upset KO at the hands of Stefan Struve. He returned to the winning column when he outpointed Roy Nelson in their heavyweight showdown last June and he wants to add the hard hitting Brazilian to the list of his victims. Meanwhile, Gonzaga has just recently come back to relevancy after back to back first round KOs of Dave Herman and Shawn Jordan. Gonzaga, who lost to randy Couture in his first bid for the title, has stated his interest for another run at the heavyweight gold in the interview after his win over Jordan.
That being said, Gonzaga’s camp has yet to say something about the potential matchup. Regardless, the two makes up for an interesting fight. Miocic has the advantage in speed and athleticism while Gonzaga will have the edge in the knockout power and submission department.
[Photos from finalroundsports.blogspot.com]View Article Source »
UFC has revealed their plans for 2014 as well as the location and dates of UFC on Fox 10, UFC 169 and UFC 170
UFC president Dana White has revealed the company’s plans for 2014 and that involves hosting at least 35 cards for the coming year. It is the most number of event in a single year for the organization. White presented the outline of UFC’s schedule in his appearance on the Wednesday edition of Fox Sports Live.
UFC’s full schedule for 2014:
- 13 Pay-Per-View events
- 4 UFC on FOX fights
- 14 live events on FOX Sports 1 (including two TUF Finales)
- 4 live events on FOX Sports 2
In addition, he also announced the official date and locations of the three PPV events that will follow the 2014 kick off at Singapore. UFC on Fox 10 will be held at Chicago on January 25 and it will be followed by a stop at New Jersey for UFC 169 (Super Bowl weekend) on February 1. After that, the promotion will head off to Sin City on February 22 for UFC 170, the PPV event will take place at The Mandalay Resorts and Casino, Las Vegas.
Last August, it was revealed that six of the “Fight Night” events will be held in Europe to allow the audience of the region to watch the events at primetime, instead of the usual where they have to watch it in the middle of the night due to the conflicting time zones of Europe and USA. It was also said that UFC is planning for international versions of The Ultimate Fighter in Canada, Australia, India and China.
[Photos from hdwp.net]View Article Source »
Vitor Belfort and Dan henderson will meet for the second time in UFC FIght Night 32
The upcoming UFC Fight Night 32 which will be held on November 9 at Goiania, Brazil has finalized its main and preliminary card with a 12-fight line up. The event will be headlined by the rematch of MMA legends Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort. The two have faced each other in Pride way back in 2006. In that fight, Hendo defeated Belfort via unanimous decision. UFC Fight Night 32 will be the 12th time for the promotion to hold their show in Brazil. In the recent 11 events, the Brazilians have dominated their foreign counterparts by winning 59 out of 79 bouts.Read the rest of the article »
MMA veteran Tatsuya Kawaijiri signs with UFC. He will be making his promotional debut in UFC's first ever event in Singapore
Tatsuya “Crusher” Kawajiri has finally signed with the biggest MMA organization after 13 years of MMA career. Crusher, who was once considered as one of the best 155 lb fighters in the world has started fighting in the Shooto organization. Kawajiri has also competed in Pride FC’s 2005 lightweight Grand Prix. He was defeated by Takanori Gomi in the quarterfinals of the said tournament.
He later competed in Dream and Strikeforce where he went into title contention only to be turned back by Shinya Aoki and Gilbert Melendez. Since then, Kawajiri racked up 5 straight wins including a decision win over Michihiro Omigawa in the final event of Dream. The 35 year old Japanese holds victories over Yves Edwards, JZ Cavalcante, Joachim Hansen and Josh Thomson. His professional record currently stands at 32-7-2. Kawajiri is rumored to make his first octagon appearance in UFC’s upcoming Singapore debut on January 4, 2014.
[Photos from stsport.pl]View Article Source »
Bellator MMA aims to reinforce their roster by signing 28-0 prospect Julio Cesar Neves Jr.
Bellator MMA has recently signed the unbeaten Brazilian prospect Julio Cesar Neves Jr., younger brother of Rafel Silva. Neves, who is commonly referred to as “Morceguinho” by his fans in Brazil, has compiled an outstanding record of 28 wins without a single loss. In addition, only three of his opponents made it to the final bell. He has won 17 of his fights by KO/TKO and the other eight came by submission. Morceguinho has fought 15 times this year including a highlight reel knockout over Denel Chuleta in the Brazilian regional circuit WSOC.
“I came to Bellator to fight the best in the world,” states Neves regarding his signing with the organization. “The Bellator featherweight division has some of the best fighters in the world, and I want to fight the best.”
The details of his debut have not been revealed until now but most likely, he will be participating in the next season of Bellator’s featherweight tournament.
Meanwhile, his older brotherhas just won the Bellator bantamweight tourney this earlier this month. He is scheduled to fight the reigning bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas in the early part of 2014.
[Photos from sherdog.com (Credit: Gleidson Venga)]View Article Source »
Mark Munoz has a few tricks for Lyoto Machida in their middleweight showdown this Saturday at Manchester
Former training partners Lyoto Machida and Mark Munoz will have to put their friendship aside once they lock horns at UFC Fight Night 30 this coming Saturday. The two has spent countless hours of training together and both of them admit that they have improved their game with the help of one another. However, according to Mark Munoz, Machida benefited more from him. The Filipino Wrecking Machine also claims that he has a few tricks up on his sleeves being “The Teacher” in their time as training partners and he plans to use them on Saturday night.Read the rest of the article »
Daniel Cormier wants to fight Gustafsson before a title fight against Jon Jones
Javier Mendez, the chief trainer of Daniel Cormier has revealed that they are looking for a fight against Alexander Gustafsson for DC’s light heavyweight debut. Mendez believes that a win over Gus will legitimize Cormier’s shot at Jon Jones’ title. He also added that if DC were to beat Gustafsson, then they will clearly have an idea of the kind of fight he will put up against Bones.
Gustafsson, of course, is coming off from a Fight of the Night performance against Jon Jones. Gus may have fallen short on that night but he gave the champion the toughest challenge of his career.
Mendez also gave his take on the potential matchup of his fighter against the reigning light heavyweight champion. The AKA leader admits that he is not 100 percent sure on Cormier’s chances against Jones but believes that DC can take him down at will. Jones has been only taken down once in his UFC career, and that happened in his recent fight against Gus.
“I don’t think he’ll win (against Jones) easily, and I’m not 100-percent sure he’s going to win. I’m 100-percent sure that it’s going to be a hell of a fight and it’s going to be the biggest challenge of Jones’ life. Cormier’s going to meet an individual who’s got the height and knows how to use it really well. But Jones is going to meet a wrestler like he’s never faced before. Now Jones has got to be concerned about going on his back. He can’t be thinking about, ‘Okay, it’s going to be difficult to take me down.’ Now he 100 percent has a legit reason to be careful what he does, because he’s going to be on his back whether he likes it or not.”View Article Source »
Diego Sanchez is looking for another win over the Diaz brothers
Fresh from his Fight of the Year candidate bout with Gilbert Melendez, Diego Sanchez is again in a mood for another war. This time, he has set his sights on Nate Diaz. Sanchez, who already holds a win over Nate’s big brother, has expressed his desire to face the Stockton slugger via his Twitter account.
“Im thinking maybe nate diaz for the next fight would be an epic 5 rounder.” writes Sanchez on Twitter.
Diaz is already scheduled for a third match with Gray Maynard in the undercard of TUF 18 finale. He defeated Maynard in the semi finals of TUF 5 but the latter avenged his loss with a split decision win in 2010.
Both Maynard and Diaz are coming off knockout losses in their recent bouts. Maynard was stopped by TJ Grant while Diaz suffered his first KO loss at the hands of Josh Thomson. Prior to that, he was outpointed by then-champion Benson Henderson in his bid for the lightweight belt. Meanwhile, Sanchez suffered the only stoppage loss of his career in his lightweight title fight against BJ Penn way back in 2009.
[Photos from rantsports.com]View Article Source »
Adlan Amagov is looking to climb the welterweight ranks. Says he wants Shields or Kampmann for his next fight
Adlan Amagov wants to test himself against tougher oppositions after disposing T.J. Waldburger in the first round of their fight in UFC 166. The Russian prospect, which scored the most brutal knockout in the event, has set his sights on top rated welterweights Jake Shields and Martin Kampmann for his next UFC appearance.
“It all depends what UFC has planned for me, but I would like to fight in New Jersey on Feb. 1,” states Amagov through his interpreter. “I have a lot of fans in the area who would love to come support me. I’ll face whoever UFC wants to put in front of me, but I’d like to fight Martin Kampmann or Jake Shields.”Read the rest of the article »
Jose Aldo wants Anthony Pettis' lightweight belt for a chance of to hold titles in two weight classes
Anthony Pettis was supposed to drop to 145 to challenge featherweight king Jose Aldo but an injury yanked him out of the fight. He later won a title of his own when he submitted Benson Henderson in UFC 164. Now, with Pettis as the lightweight champ, Jose Aldo feels that it is his turn to come after Pettis’ belt.
“I want it at lightweight,” states Aldo regarding a potential fight with Pettis. “That’s where his belt resides, so I can steal it. It would be better for me since I already have a belt of my own. My belt is already up on the wall at my home.”Read the rest of the article »
MMA Fighting Events
- No events to show
Written on November 11, 2013
Written on November 09, 2013
Written on November 08, 2013
Written on November 07, 2013
Written on November 06, 2013