UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Kennedy stops Natal in the first round
Tim Kennedy flattens out Rafael Natal in the headline bout of UFC Fight for the Troops 3
Fort Campbell – US Army veteran Tim Kennedy did not disappoint in front of his fellow service man inside the packed Fort Campbell Hangar in Kentucky when he bagged his first KO of the Night honors after knocking out Rafael Natal in the first round of their headlining bout.
Rafael Natal opened the round strong by constantly landing leg kicks to his stalking opponent. Kennedy’s leg has started to show marks from the leg kicks by the middle part of the round. Despite that, the 10 year army veteran continued with his game plan of pressuring his elusive opponent back into the cage. His patience finally paid off in the dying seconds of the first round when he landed a lunging left hook that sent Natal to the canvass. Kennedy followed up with a few strikes to finish him off before Herb Dean steps in to put a halt to the action at 4:40 of the first round. The loss to Kennedy snapped the three fight winning streak of the Brazilian, his record now stands at 17-5, 5-3-1 inside the octagon.
A visibly ecstatic Kennedy, praised his fellow servicemen in the post-fight interview with Joe Rogan.
“I’m one 100-percent overwhelmed,” said Kennedy. “Your guys’ job is a thousand times, infinitely harder than anything I could ever do in here. I don’t deserve to be here. I love you guys so much. “You guys are my heroes. You guys are my idols. I’m a Christian, I give the glory to God, but I worship you guys. I love every one of you.”
Kennedy maintained his unbeaten status in the UFC with the victory over Natal. He is now on a three fight winning streak since suffering a decision loss in his bid for the Strikeforce welterweight belt against Luke Rockhold.
The card featured 4 military veterans including Tim Kennedy, Liz Carmouche, Colton Smith and Neil Magny. Unfortunately, only one of them took the W after the event. The full results of UFC Fight for the Troops 3 are as follows:
- Tim Kennedy def. Rafael Natal via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:40
- Alexis Davis def. Liz Carmouche via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Yoel Romero def. Ronny Markes via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:39
- Rustam Khabilov def. Jorge Masvidal via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Michael Chiesa def. Colton Smith via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:41
- Bobby Green def. James Krause via TKO (kick) – Round 1, 3:50
- Francisco Rivera def. George Roop via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:20
- Dennis Bermudez def. Steven Siler via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Amanda Nunes def. Germaine De Randamie via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:56
- Lorenz Larkin def. Chris Camozzi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Yancy Medeiros def. Yves Edwards via KO (punches) – Round 1, 2:47
- Seth Baczynski def. Neil Magny via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Derek Brunson def. Brian Houston via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 0:48
[Photos from theflyingkneemma.com]View Article Source »