UFC 166 weigh in results: Cain and JDS makes weight
Official weigh in results for UFC 166: Cain, JDS and the rest of the main card fighters makes the weight limit
The official weigh in of UFC 166 took place at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas earlier this day. All fighters made the weight limit except from Andre Fil who took the fight on a two week notice. As a result, 20 percent of his earnings will be added to his opponent purse.
The champ, Cain Velasquez tipped the scales at 141, on the other hand, Junior dos Santos weighted a pound lighter at 140. During the weigh in, dos Santos promised the audience that he will give another knock out but the former heavyweight champ’s words received boos from the pro Mexican crowd.
In the co-main event, Daniel Cormier stepped on the scales at 224, the lightest in career. while his opponent Roy Nelson came in at 249.
The event, which will be held in less than 24 hours, will feature the rubber match of Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos. The rivalry between the two fighters traces back from the promotions first ever appearance on Fox. On that fight, dos Santos made quick work of Velasquez as he stopped the champion within a minute of their encounter. Velasquez would come back 13 months later by beating up the then-champion dos Santos for five rounds. The third fight between the two will decide the best heavyweight in the history of UFC.
UFC 166 will air its main cards via pay-per-view while the prelims are set to be shown in Fox Sports 1 and will stream live on Facebook.
Check out the official weigh in results below:
Main card (Pay-per-view)
- Cain Velasquez (241) vs. Junior dos Santos (240)
- Daniel Cormier (224) vs. Roy Nelson (249)
- Gilbert Melendez (156) vs. Diego Sanchez (156)
- Gabriel Gonzaga (257) vs. Shawn Jordan (255)
- John Dodson (125) vs. Darrell Montague (126)
Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
- Tim Boetsch (186) vs. C.B. Dollaway (186)
- Nate Marquardt (171) vs. Hector Lombard (169)
- Sarah Kaufman (135) vs. Jessica Eye (135)
- George Sotiropoulos (155) vs. K.J. Noons (156)
Preliminary card (Facebook/YouTube)
- T.J. Waldburger (170.5) vs. Adlan Amagov (171)
- Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Mike Rio (156)
- Jeremy Larsen (145.5) vs. Andre Fili (148.5)*
- Dustin Pague (135) vs. Kyoji Horiguchi (135)
[Photos from www.islandcasino.com]View Article Source »